Lexus Colors

denslexusgx470

I remember once that we talked about this, but I would like to re-confirm. Is it possible to order a DISCONTINUED color? Take the GX, the Sand Dollar Pearl was discontinued but they still use the color in the current LX470. Was wondering if I ever decide to get a new GX for this generation, if they would allow me to special order the Sand Dollar Pearl color for the GX. thanx. Still in the process of deciding on a new car or not. :wacko:

Definitely NO!! I brought up this question in the early '90's to Lexus headquarters and I was told that this would disrupt the assembly line to such a degree that they would not even consider it!

Yep I agree, not possible.

Actually, I had a Lexus Survey in the past year or so that asked a bunch of questions about the buying and ordering experience. They asked about special orders and wondered what additional wait times would be tolerable and what the reaction was to paying a premium for the privilege. Maybe this only applied to our vehicle as it is made in Canada and in a newer and more flexible facility, but i got the impression that they were definatly looking at the idea.

:)

Special ordering sure, but not for colors. Having to set up the assembly line to spray a color it doesn't normally spray would tie up the whole assembly plant for a day to paint one car.