Any Reviews Of The New Gl Merc?

r3run33

Hello my friend is interested in the new gl mercs; he knows i go off roading sometimes and wanted to know if i knew of the set up they had or if it is just a large version of the ml. any thoughts?

It's really a larger ML. A few goodies and a new engine but the transmission and all-wheel drive system is basically the same. The GL for the most part will drive and ride better than an LX470 on the road but the LX will out perform it to death off-road. The GL offers more third seat room but is not as wide in the first and second row. Expect many first year problems with the GL as has been Mercedes history the past few models.

• 2 weeks later...

Basically what he said. It is basically an oversized ML. There is a Off-Road package which includes Airmatic suspension, but it will never be a true off-roader like the LX/Land Cruiser, or the G-Class Merc.

i went inside one of those GL450s, and the third seat is DEFINITELY acceptable. :o it actually has enough room for a guy like me, 5'11" , to not complain if i had to sit in the third row on a trip. lol. pretty roomy. only thing is , the vehicle looks sooo bulky, and from a distance, is kinda hard to distinguish from a ML. :wacko: