Battery Drains

If my 1995 SC300 is not started every 5 days or so the battery will not start the car. Recently I have replaced the alternator and :whistles: battery but it did not help. With a 12 volt test light connected in series with the ground wire on the battery I isolated the problem to the radio circuit which has a 20 amp fuse. The test light was dim and pulsates approx 3 to 4 times a second. Disconnecting the power wire to the power antenna did not help. Can someone please help, I need the wiring schematic for the radio circuit. Thanks in advance.

Very nice work on narrowing it down.

You can buy a hard copy schematics manual from the dealer for $20-30.

Also Toyota offers them online for about $20 and you can download all you want for one day.

• 1 month later...

If my 1995 SC300 is not started every 5 days or so the battery will not start the car. Recently I have replaced the alternator and :whistles: battery but it did not help. With a 12 volt test light connected in series with the ground wire on the battery I isolated the problem to the radio circuit which has a 20 amp fuse. The test light was dim and pulsates approx 3 to 4 times a second. Disconnecting the power wire to the power antenna did not help. Can someone please help, I need the wiring schematic for the radio circuit. Thanks in advance.

Did you ever narrow down the problem? I am having the same EXACT issue. I can even hear the battery, just 2 months old, making an intermittent buzzing sound at the positive post... with or without the charger on. In other words, I can literally HEAR the battery draining! So if you ever did narrow down the cause of your problem, please let me know.

Eric

Del Mar, CA