Transmission Jerk During Roll

mann777

Could somebody tell if they have experienced the same problem as i do, last 2 days i noticed that after the car is on the roll i notice a big diiference when the auto transmission shifts between the 2nd and the 3 stage, a kind of a jerk . But when the park is parked at P and then moved to D no jerks, but at roll stage this can be easily found. Is it the TPS settings or something else. do let me know your views

Could somebody tell if they have experienced the same problem as i do, last 2 days i noticed that after the car is on the roll i notice a big diiference when the auto transmission shifts between the 2nd and the 3 stage, a kind of a jerk . But when the park is parked at P and then moved to D no jerks, but at roll stage this can be easily found. Is it the TPS settings or something else. do let me know your views

My '94 has always done that, from day one. Nobody has been able to pin that one down on my car, and I just noticed yesterday on the way home it's getting worse. My car is due for servicing soon, so I'll bring that up with the mechanic. I'll post anything that turns up, if any.

search for the flex couplings. a few member have replaced theirs and the outcome is not more hard jerks. they go on the drive shaft.

That could very well be, but I did look at them last time I rotated the tires and they were clean with no visible cracks or other signs of degradation. But I will look at them again. Hopefully that'll solve mann777's problem too. Thanks!

As you guys might know, I recently messed with the flex-couplings "ebay brand" and had problems with the knock-off brand. However, they did firm up the driveshaft quite a bit. But, I think the slack might be in the center spider connector, or known as the center bearings. Mine has a that characteristic too, and still did after the new ones where on. Not very bad, but it's there. I chalk it up to being rear wheel drive and probably designed into the thing to make the whole system last for so long. A little slack to give the system enough "free room" to engage everything properly when the system has aged and racked up the miles.

Guys

I have come up finally what was required with these frequent jerks after 4 days of investigation to the transmission jerk, This is my opinion, What I did was removed the transmission, there is a sensor switch (2nos) completely blackened,i suppose with the oil soot, replaced with a new one, replaced the TPS, completed the adjustments as per LEXLS DIY, replaced the rear axles swing arm bushes ( tough time to take out this stuff as this has been since inception) replaced the rubbers. Took a trial ride, the shifts right from go and intermediaries start / stops at signals is amazing. Now the shifts are amazingly smoothe. I never know what is going on with the transmission, Just like new . My personal opinion is first get the TPS setting done and then go for the transmission work,it is a helluva job.

Thanks for all your thoughts guys - cheers