95 Es300 Question

burnt needles in the speedmeter.... maybe a broken antenna...

nothing really major mechanically though if the car was kept well...

although the mileage is over 90 so it need a couple of new parts...

like timing belt, water pump ... unless it was already done...

its a good price definitely...

maybe a lil less would ne perfect

good luck

As an example: In March '03 I traded in my immaculate '94ES w/53,000miles to my Lexus dealer and he allowed me $8000.00. He kept it in his used car area and it was sold within 1 week for $10,000. He had a price on the window for $12,000.

Here's a recent picture of the car:

94Lexus.jpg

i have a 95 and i would say go for it.if the car was maintained well and theres no sighn of any accidents or trouble under the hood then grab it.its worth the money and will last a long time more.no real problems other then the speedo clusters bulbs burn out.also see if the timing belt and water pump was changed.

Is this a Lexus CPO sale or independent dealer?

watch for oil sludging. Change it immediately after you buy (if you do) and check the condition of the old oil. You can also run a finger up under the oil fill and see if it is gritty or smooth (oil that is not the under surface of the manifold).

Also check around the valve cover gaskets and see if they are moist. Leakage here is common with high miles. Same for rear engine seals.

Check the condition of the tranny fluid. Is it reddish or blackish.

get whatever maintenance records you can, even talk to previous owner if possible. Take it to a third party mechanic and have a prepurchase inspection done. Usually costs $50-100 but it will be out of your pocket.

They should at least offer a 60-90 day warranty. Put the car through the paces then.

steviej

on the whole checking parts thing, the miles at which the timing belt was changed should be written in plain view under the hood (it's on the passenger side, i want to say, near the engine?)

also, the warrenty is a GREAT IDEA! jump on it, and an inspection too.

those darn needle lights are a pain, they go out and even flicker, but it's not that important to get fixed (unless you are like me and have to get everything perfect)... i'd say be ready for some oil leaks, small but annoying, and little things like that...

it's a great car, really comfortable and fun to drive. puts a smile on my face everytime i see mine outside :)

if you get it, i hope you and your son enjoy it to the fullest :)