Suspension Recommendation?

Hi all,

I just replaced the front lower and upper control arm bushings with ones from Daizen.

IT feels great, no more vibration through steering wheel at high speed cruising.

Now I feel like doing it for the rear as well, and changing the whole spring/shock for the front and rear.

I am looking at Eibach Pro Kit and Tanabe for spring and KYB GR2 for shocks.

Would lowering the springs about 0.5-1 inch work in conjunction with regular-spec shocks like GR2?

Or should I just go stock springs with stock-spec shocks?

Please share your experience.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I just replaced the front lower and upper control arm bushings with ones from Daizen.

IT feels great, no more vibration through steering wheel at high speed cruising.

Now I feel like doing it for the rear as well, and changing the whole spring/shock for the front and rear.

Would lowering the springs about 0.5-1 inch work in conjunction with regular-spec shocks like GR2?

Thanks.

How much did the control arm bushings set you back?

• 3 weeks later...

I got the bushing set from tmengineering.net. It is Daizen and costs $250 ~ $300 for front fitment, I forget the exact. The labor is quite a bit, since I had them for both upper and lower, costing around $400.

I am now trying to change the shocks and springs, and I wonder what the damage will be this time.

I put a full set of Tokico HP- "Blues" on my '93 SC400 about two years ago. I love em. There are always sets for sale on EBAY... thats where I purchased mine. I just checked and they have a full set on right now (EBAY item #8067907565). At first I was afraid that they were too stiff, but after about a week they broke in beautifully. My cornering, breaking and over-all stability have greatly improved.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Does your Control Arm bushings squeek in cold weather?

• 4 weeks later...

Well,

I just replaced the bushings in May, so I wouldn't know the cold weather thing yet.

I hope it doesn't make too much sqeeking sound though.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Does your Control Arm bushings squeek in cold weather?

Thanks jzz30!

I recently swapped the stock ones with a set of Tanabe NF210 which lowered my car about 1 inch all around.

Though the ride became a bit harsh around bumps, I kinda like it overall.

just checked at the dealer. the price of the shock have gone up since i bought mine. they are over 400 for all 4 corners now.