Ls 400 Car Security Automatic Alarm

mann777

I need help the car alarm system is automatically going up. Not that somebody is trying to steal the car. Sometimes you arent there near the car, and this is quite embarrasing :chairshot: if the car is park few blocks from yor office. I ended up going to the car and deactivating the car by the door key. Sorry my key is not remote. I was also told the security alarm knob below the steering wheel collumn need to be s/w off. I have tried both ways and it still gives out the alarm. My batteries were completely dead. Some suggestion how to deactivate this from electrically point of view. :o

perhaps it is just what you said, put a fresh brand new battery in your car and see if it persists. When batteries start to go bad,potentially in any electronic device, funny things can happen. Try that first. Or take your battery to an autozone type place and they will test its ability to hold charge.

• 1 year later...
perhaps it is just what you said, put a fresh brand new battery in your car and see if it persists. When batteries start to go bad,potentially in any electronic device, funny things can happen. Try that first. Or take your battery to an autozone type place and they will test its ability to hold charge.

Is there any more info for this problem?

I'm not familiar w/ the system but alarm goes off everytime I lock doors w/ windows open. thats not a big deal but tonite I unlocked my car w/ key in drivers door put some stuff in, closed door and alarm went off moments later. I cont recall if I locked it or not. But I dont wont to wake up the neighbors so my car is unlocked tonite.

Can this system be turned off?

My car did this too when I first got it, alarm randomly went off, sometimes in the middle of the night :blushing: . It turned out to be the front courtesy switches, they wear out over time. I would check your switches... http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/electrical/fcourtesy.html This happens because the doors are locked, so the alarm is armed, then one of the switches may open (since it may be worn/wearing out) and the system thinks someone has opened the door.