1991 Ls400 A/c Question

Salacak

I put last year new A/C compressor and everything was good. Two days ago was fine too but Yesterday I put the A/C on and nothing I mean blows hot air hot hot air. Any idea, I can't tell compressor coming on or not but feels like does not come on but again I know that if freon is low it won't come on anyway.

I still want a see maybe fuse (If anybody can tell me where the A/C fuse located) but inside the buttons A/C button lights up when I put it on.

Thank you guys

When you changed the compressor last year, what kind of refrigerant did you use to recharge the AC system? Freon R12 or R134a? Or something else like Hotshot? R134a and Hotshot are prone to leaking out of a system originally designed for R12. After a certain amount of refrigerant has leaked out, the compressor won't turn on anymore until the system is recharged again. So if you are lucky the system is just low on refrigerant and the leaks need to be found and repaired and then the system recharged.

While changing the compressor we changed the new R134. I checked Lexusguy tutorial and my code shows 21 according to book (21* Open or short in solar sensor circuit.) What is this means? Fuse or something?

I like to find out this before going to the mechanic.

Did you use a factory compressor/clutch or aftermarket?A friend of mine bought a aftermarket one that lasted 6 months so the money he saved didn't work out.He bought it off E-bay from a seller that had a ton of positive feedback but 6 months later had been kicked off for problems.

That may be normal if you are working on it in a garage with very little light. If there is a problem with a sensor do this. I remember reading that if you think if there is a cabin temp sensor or solar sensor giving you problems you can bypass them to see if your AC system works by setting the temp to 65 degrees. That temp setting bypasses those sensors. If the AC works on the lowest temp setting and nowhere else, one of the two sensors is your problem. Hope this test takes the sensors out of the equation.

Thanks I did put it on 65 and still no cold air, I thought maybe freon is low and when tried that code test pushing recycle and outo buttons same time than start the car this gives you all the codes about the A/C and there when it was testing I heard A/C came on while it was testing.