Custom Intake For Gs300

i was wondering if i can buy piping and a filter and use the stock MAF sensor to make a custom intake...i really don't want to spend 4-5 hundred on a SRT intake system....would it affect anything in my car if i take this route?? thanks

• 1 year later...

what year is your GS 300? I have a 98 and built my own custom cold air intake. the car has about 61k miles on it and it still runs fine. you can definitely tell a performance difference in the engine at about 4200 RPM's. It's a pretty easy install as long as you know what you're doing. my friend and i did the one on mine and i've loved every minute of driving it.

This is an old thread buddy. but since were on the topic now..

I just built mine the other night. cost me about 30bucks for all the piping from lowes, and a cuting board for and adapter for the stock maf. Definatly could tell a difference in all rpms. took about an hour. its an ls400 though, but same concept. cuting board was like a $1.89 from walmart. overall 35 bucks or so and an hour of time is well worth it.

• 4 weeks later...
This is an old thread buddy. but since were on the topic now..

I just built mine the other night. cost me about 30bucks for all the piping from lowes, and a cuting board for and adapter for the stock maf. Definatly could tell a difference in all rpms. took about an hour. its an ls400 though, but same concept. cuting board was like a $1.89 from walmart. overall 35 bucks or so and an hour of time is well worth it.

What did you do I have a 96 sc300?

• 2 months later...