Parking Lights On Is300

IndyKen

Just wondering at what point do these little lights above the HID's on my 02 IS300 come on? I've tried it"In gear", "Out of gear", high beams, low beams, parked, lights on, lights off, ignition running. Checked the fuses and they all checked out good. Any advice before I go and run a wire stright to the battery!! (JUST KIDDING). Heck, while Im at it, anybody have a replacement solution for those amber daytime running lights? They are awefull.

Ken

lol good question. arent those the high beams? i dont spend too much time with my daughters car but...partking lights are the yellow ones that turn on with one click on the headlight lever. this doesnt answer your questions so...lol

Nope, tried that too. High Beams, low beams we all scream for.........well you get the idea. I feel like a complete idiot trying to figure out which switch to hit to make these things come on. How bout those ugly yellow daytime running lights? Any suggestions on what to replace them with that looks a little "Brighter"?

Nope, tried that too. High Beams, low beams we all scream for.........well you get the idea. I feel like a complete idiot trying to figure out which switch to hit to make these things come on. How bout those ugly yellow daytime running lights? Any suggestions on what to replace them with that looks a little "Brighter"?

The DRL's are yellow and dim because they are being run on low power through a resistor. You can jumper out the resistor and make them some brighter, or change to Silverstar bulbs and they will be somewhat whiter. Or you can just disconnect from the resistor and they won't come on at all.

The following link shows the resistor and cable.

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=246780

This shows the jumper installed to give more power to the lights.

drl1.jpg

Bartkat,

:) THANKS A ton for the mod for the daytime running lights! What a difference! I needed the DTR's as bright as possible because of the two lane road I take to work. A lot of passing in both directions. Those Silvania lights were a whole lot brighter than I expected.

Ken

• 11 months later...

The DRL's are yellow and dim because they are being run on low power through a resistor. You can jumper out the resistor and make them some brighter, or change to Silverstar bulbs and they will be somewhat whiter. Or you can just disconnect from the resistor and they won't come on at all.

The following link shows the resistor and cable.

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=246780

This shows the jumper installed to give more power to the lights.

drl1.jpg

what gauge wiring is that?