Telemute Wire

Bill H

Blake,

You and Jim listed the phone plug with Telemute on the drivers side of the rear console.

I have two wiring harnesses in my console. The drivers side is a 3 pin and the passenger side is a 10 pin.

The dirvers side has a green, purple and black wire. The green wire has a transformer attached at the phone which leads me to believe that it is the power.

Question, do either of you remember what color lead is the telemute and was it on the side with the 3 pin terminal.

Thanks in advance

Bill

Hey Bill, I used the harness on the driver's side (they should both work since one is for the flip phone and one is for a mounted, stationary phone.). Luckily, I took pictures because I couldn't remember what pin I attached my wire to. gallery_1461_129_1118091363.jpg

I have no idea what color the pin is in there. Jim and I both used a ground light to find the mute pin-you just probe each pin, and the radio will cut out when you find the right one. We even made a very simple test light with supplies laying around the garage....just a piece of wire stripped at both ends and a light bulb. Elementary? Certainly, but it worked great!!! LOL

gallery_1461_129_1118091342.jpg

Bill H,

It might help others on the forum if you would tell us which Lexus phone (fixed or portable) version you have and which connector(s) under the console is used for it. I based my theory that the driver side connector is for the portable phone and the passenger side connector is for the fixed phone on a diagram I found on another Lexus forum - I could be wrong.

Let us know how your phone kit install goes. Photos are always nice. I'm always looking for ideas on how to replace our current phone kits.

Good luck!

Bill H,

It might help others on the forum if you would tell us which Lexus phone (fixed or portable) version you have and which connector(s) under the console is used for it. I based my theory that the driver side connector is for the portable phone and the passenger side connector is for the fixed phone on a diagram I found on another Lexus forum - I could be wrong.

Let us know how your phone kit install goes. Photos are always nice. I'm always looking for ideas on how to replace our current phone kits.

Good luck!

Jim,

I have the Lexus portable plus Motorola Flip phone. The harness has two plugs. The drivers side has three wires. A green wire which has a transformer attached to it, a purple wire which is in the slot that Blake plugged his telemute into, and a black wire.

On the passenger side is a 10 pin with only 7 pins installed. The wire colors are, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Red, Green, Brown with white stripe, and I can't remember the other one.

I will finish hooking up the motorola bluetooth this weekend and will let everyone know.

One note; the Motorola bluetooth IFH-1000 has to be attached to a 5 amp fuse. If anyone is thinking about finding the battery lead on the phone harness be very careful. The only 5 amp on the 97 LS is the stop light. There are not even any 5 amp fuses under the hood, so you either have to hook into the stop light fuse or run direct to the battery.

I will keep everyone informed.

Bill