Bug Deflector For 2004 Lx 470

leefromNJ

Has anyone purchased a bug deflector for a 2004 LX 470. Most of the companies offering a plastic hood deflector do not offer one for my truck. Any recommendations of brand or where to purchase would be great. Does the landcruser have the same hood structure?

Has anyone purchased a bug deflector for a 2004 LX 470. Most of the companies offering a plastic hood deflector do not offer one for my truck. Any recommendations of brand or where to purchase would be great. Does the landcruser have the same hood structure?

He would probably sell his new deflector.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=92102

• 6 months later...

Did you ever find a source for a hood/bug deflector for the LX470 (04 model)? I have found some for the LC-but the LC hood line is different than the LX. The only LX I found was for a 98 model

I don't think you can fit a bug deflector on the LX since the front grille is bolted to the hood. Those deflectors all attach to the front lip/leading edge of the hood. OTOH, the hood on the landcruiser is just a hood with no front grille (grille is permanently attached between the lights and doesn't move), so you can attach a deflector to it. My hunch is a bug deflector was never made for the LX for this reason.

• 1 month later...

The hood protection I have seen on an LX is the clear plastic type application along the front 6-8" of the hood. From a distance it is not too noticeable, but I don't care for its looks up close. I suspect with time the coloration difference with the rest of the paint will increase.

The Houston dealerships sell a nice one, with the branding "FormFit" by Benevento. They're contoured around the headlights and are a smoked acrylic. They install in about 10 minutes with a combination of clips and !Removed! into factory screw locations under the front edge of the hood. IIRC they were $120-ish.

I thought they looked very tasteful.