Automatic Locks On Doors 2003 Lx470

luvmylx

We are looking at a 2003 LX to replace our 1999 LX.

I noticed when you put the car in reverse, the doors automatically lock.

Then, when you park, they don't unlock.

The driver and passenger door unlock when you open the inside handle. However, unless I unlock the car from inside, I can't open the back doors (where my kids are in car seats) or the rear hatch from the outside.

Can this option be turned off? I don't want to have to use the unlock button every time I get out of the car. The manual is not in the car so I haven't been able to read about it.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking at a 2003 LX to replace our 1999 LX.

I noticed when you put the car in reverse, the doors automatically lock.

Then, when you park, they don't unlock.

The driver and passenger door unlock when you open the inside handle. However, unless I unlock the car from inside, I can't open the back doors (where my kids are in car seats) or the rear hatch from the outside.

Can this option be turned off? I don't want to have to use the unlock button every time I get out of the car. The manual is not in the car so I haven't been able to read about it.

Thank you!

There is logic in what your Lexus is doing. I am not sure if that is adjustable, if so the dealer could take care of it.

I think by default, the doors supposed to unlock when you put it in park. I had my dealer reprogram my '03 so the doors wouldn't do that (for safety reasons...had a close call in a not-so-good part of town in one my other cars). Instead, I have the doors lock when the speed hits 13mph. There are a number of programmable options for the multiplex, including how/if you want your headlights to flash when locking the vehicle via remote, unlocking, etc. Again, your dealer can do it (but the salesman didn't even know about them. Somewhere on mud, there was a link to a pdf of all the options available).

I think by default, the doors supposed to unlock when you put it in park. I had my dealer reprogram my '03 so the doors wouldn't do that (for safety reasons...had a close call in a not-so-good part of town in one my other cars). Instead, I have the doors lock when the speed hits 13mph. There are a number of programmable options for the multiplex, including how/if you want your headlights to flash when locking the vehicle via remote, unlocking, etc. Again, your dealer can do it (but the salesman didn't even know about them. Somewhere on mud, there was a link to a pdf of all the options available).

strange. I thought it might be default if they don't unlock when parking the vehicle. That's how my GX is. Although my GX has some procedures that you can go thru so it'll unlock. I'm not sure if it'll work for the LX, but I'll see if I can find it. ;)

Found the list of programming options and default settings:

http://www.lexus.com/assets/models/warrant...lectionForm.pdf

See #3 and #6. I had #3, 4, 7, and 8 set to the optional settings, but for some reason, #6 also got set to optional (maybe setting #4 to optional means #6 also gets set?) Also, I had the headlights programmed to turn off immediately (#12 option 4).

• 16 years later...

Digging up an old thread. 
On my 2005 LX, I would like to program the door locks so they don’t lock or unlock tied to gear or vehicle speed. In other words, I’d like to leave the locks unlocked. Is that an option using the door lock programming combination? I am concerned I am cycling through door lock mechanism for no good reason. I currently have it programmed tied to coming off park and going into park. 

also, could someone post the full doc that lists all vehicle programming options without needing the Techsmart software? It seems Lexus has pulled the page from their site and the above link does not work.