Replacing Front Speaker

which front speakers?

on the door, up by the window, or the little tiny dinky ones by the side view mirrors?

i was told that the window and side view mirror ones were a waste to replace.... was advised to replace the back, and if any others, the doors.... the other four (little lame ones that give no sound anyways) were not worth it (by 2 or 3 way speakers for the doors and disconnect the little ones)

I beg to differ! Those "little lame speakers" are what set these cars' stereos apart from Fords and GM's. They do so produce sound; just maybe not in-your-face sound. But take them away, and you'd definitely be able to tell the difference! Anyhow, I highly doubt that you could blow those speakers if you tried. I'm willing to bet that ryanprun is referring to the 6 1/2" woofers, as they are easily blown if you're not careful ( I blew one a few months ago). Accessing them is easy, but not obvious. You must remove the door panel to access them; remove the screw in the bottom of the handle, the screw on the inside front of the door (covered by a round plastic cover)and pull the two plastic plugs out of the end of the door. Pull outward on the bottom of the panel, then upward and the whole inside panel should come loose. from there on, its a sinch. Doesn't even need instructions to figure out. Good luck, and go with the stock speakers, if possible, b/c anything comprable will probably cost too much. ;)

Oh, and replacing the front woofers (6.5" speakers) with 2 or 3 ways is just a waste of money; they only recieve bass input, so 2 & 3 ways are useless for them. The only replacements I found that were comparable to the stock ones were all component speakers (basically 6.5" subwoofers) and most cost upwards of $80 apiece! Now the rear speakers are another story; replacing them with 3 ways is a good investment; I just did this weekend, and they sound GREAT!

as for my stereo issues, heck knows if my car will be running long enough for me to install anything...

as for sound, i wish for clearer sound with a more definate bass tone rather than a rattle (poor doors).....

im just learning stuff....*grunt*

I have some old polk 2way 6 1/2. So I think that I am going to replace the factory 6 1/2 with. I also have some 6x9 polks that I am going to put in the back as the fatory speakers in the back are CHEAP . Is their a way to replace the tweeters in the front? Is it worth it to replace them? <_<

Thanks

I don't know about the tweeters; never shopped for them. It would seem that they are sorta small though. Most of the ones I have seen are too big to fit in the factory housing. Anyhow, those 6x9's will sound good. The stock ones are actually 2 ways! But there are much better speakers out there.