Does Regular Gas Last Longer?

Jacob

I have always filled my tank with premium gasoline. However, this time I used regular (due to very high prices), and I have a feeling that the car is not drinking gas as fast as it used to do. So, does regular gas give you more miles?

Jacob

96’ LS400, 137k

no, you get better performance and gas mileage w/ premium

I really don't think that you will notice any immediate difference in your gas mileage regardless what you use. After years of driving you may get better mileage using premium, but I have never noticed any difference no matter what I have put in. This is assuming that your car does not call for premium.

I've made note of 17.9 average with premium around town and 15.9 with regular around town....so for 20 gallons I am losing 40 miles which equates to a little over 2 gallons or say $5.50 lost. So if premium is 20 cents more for 20 gallons that's $4.00. So, for me, premium is cheaper.

I've made note of 17.9 average with premium around town and 15.9 with regular around town....so for 20 gallons I am losing 40 miles which equates to a little over 2 gallons or say $5.50 lost. So if premium is 20 cents more for 20 gallons that's $4.00. So, for me, premium is cheaper.

RF-

Does your vehicle require premium gas though??? If so maybe that is why... :unsure:

RF-

Does your vehicle require premium gas though??? If so maybe that is why... :unsure:

All 400 and 430's require premium. ;)

RF-

All 400 and 430's require premium. ;)

That is what I thought. Why would you put anything else in it?

Just to put a small twist to this....Just maybe the regular gas you are using has a mix of ethanol in it which is capable of extending mileage. Small gas stations sometimes add this to extend supplies. Up to 10% is ok but placed in larger % can lead to engine and related problems. I always use premium all the time.