Hood Insulation

fjstl

I did a search and couldn't find anything on this, which I believe is unusual. I was advised that a mouse got under the hood of my car and ate part of the hood insulation. It then ate through the washer hose causing it not to spray, which I now need to replace. The dealer wants $120 but it looks like I can fix it for less than $10 if I can receive instructions on how wo remove the insulation near the washer sprayers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

all you have to do is pop the plugs out that are holding the insulation to the hood

that's what it looked like to me, but I just wanted to be sure. thanks.

I did a search and couldn't find anything on this, which I believe is unusual. I was advised that a mouse got under the hood of my car and ate part of the hood insulation. It then ate through the washer hose causing it not to spray, which I now need to replace. The dealer wants $120 but it looks like I can fix it for less than $10 if I can receive instructions on how wo remove the insulation near the washer sprayers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bill the mouse for the damage! <_< :lol: Or at least a good talking-to. Tell the mouse he should eat up an old beater, not a decent car like yours!

I've been fortunate in never having a mouse or other rodent chew up my car. An old friend of mine lives in New Jersey, and he says it's amazing how they can chew up a car. Out here on the west coast we don't seem to have that problem. Of course now that I mention that I'll find a mouse in my car!