Rx300 Navigation Malfunction

LexKid630

Today on the way home from work my navigation wasn't giving me a correct location. I glanced down at the screen and it was showing my current location to be in the middle of nowhere, maybe a mile from where i really was...

I pulled over to the side of the road and turned the car off. When i started the car again, the nav was STILL giving me the wrong location!

About 5 minutes later at a red light i glanced at the screen again, and it was fine!

What's wrong with it?? :unsure:

Thanks!

It's a 2003 Rx300 by the way.

It might be that the "GPS" was not picking up a signal from the satellite. If there is signal interference then the green "GPS" indicator on the screen would be absent, and result in erroneous tracking. Then again, it coud be that the original area you were in is not covered by your DVD. Do you have the latest nav version?

Hope this helps.

It might be that the "GPS" was not picking up a signal from the satellite. If there is signal interference then the green "GPS" indicator on the screen would be absent, and result in erroneous tracking. Then again, it coud be that the original area you were in is not covered by your DVD. Do you have the latest nav version?

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I don't remember if that little "GPS" was there on the screen :(

And the navigation has always worked @ work. I've NEVER had navigation do this before :unsure:

I got this rx300 last June CPO from Lexus. It was made 12/02. I'm not sure what version nav it has?

I think you're right about the signal from the satellite. That's the best thing i can think of too.