Just Ordered Srt Intake

For my 01 430. I asked for their advice on exhaust, he opined that it probably wasn't worth it, that the intake would provide some noise and the exhaust would make it "obnoxious"

So I'm going to hold off on the exhaust till I see what this does.

Leaning against the LSD, also, I don't want to drive around at higher RPM's all the time, but may do the RMM torque converter.

I dont know why SRT always advises against exhaust.Thay told me the same line.Ive had my borlas for a couple of years know and love them they are far from obnoxious.In fact Im currently installing headers an X pipe and full 2.5 exhaust.I think my SRT intake made it louder than my exhaust!The guys at SRT are great and know there stuff but on the exhaust they are wrong.As for the LSD im currently doing the same mod and the TC and cant wait til its done.Hoping to have it driving in about a week but right now its in a million pieces.Ill let you all know how it turns out.

I dont know why SRT always advises against exhaust.Thay told me the same line.Ive had my borlas for a couple of years know and love them they are far from obnoxious.In fact Im currently installing headers an X pipe and full 2.5 exhaust.I think my SRT intake made it louder than my exhaust!The guys at SRT are great and know there stuff but on the exhaust they are wrong.As for the LSD im currently doing the same mod and the TC and cant wait til its done.Hoping to have it driving in about a week but right now its in a million pieces.Ill let you all know how it turns out.

Go get your exhaust, if Borla's are in your price range, jump on them as there aren't many (or any) that I've seen sound better.

Or go with MagnaFlows, you'll never look back.

Go get your exhaust, if Borla's are in your price range, jump on them as there aren't many (or any) that I've seen sound better.

Or go with MagnaFlows, you'll never look back.

I had been thinking of the magnaflows for my SC400, but never did. We'll see.

Newbig400, the SRT didn't make it too loud, did it, like under normal driving conditions or idleing? How loud exactly, and what kind of loud?

No the SRT adds a throaty V8 sound to the car its not loud at idle but when you get into the throttle it sounds like a V8.Its never really loud like a domestic V8.I think it sounds great and very few people dont like the mod after hearing it.Ive shown mine to alot of conservative old prudes who didnt like the idea of modding the car and they have ended up loving it.Good luck

I have the SRT intake/ECU on my GS400 along with Magnaflow mufflers. Sounds and runs great. I here a lot of talk about guys spending a thousand dollars or more on an exhaust system to gain a few horsepower. The guy at Marco Muffler told me that the GS exhaust was pretty efficient and that the biggest bottleneck was in the muffler. So for about $300 out the door I got new mufflers and tips and had plenty of money for the SRT intake. :)

I have the borlas, and the srt intake on my gs300 and i like it. as far as loud go i know its a difference from the 300, to the 400/430 but my exhaust sounds a little quieter than the infinity g35 exhaust standing outside of the car while my fiancee drives it, BUt it sounds a little louder insde the car while she drives it, all in all i dont regret it.

SK, I did a search on CL for posts by Hameed and didn't find it. I'm normally more adept at using technology, but didn't find the post.

Hard to tell by listening to a computer anyhow, right?

I'm going to do a CA Box around the snorkel and leave it at that for awhle, I think.