Backing Up In Stealth Mode

backing up? trying moving forward! Was creeping along and the people suddenly walked right in front of my car...blasted my horn and that made them move :P

I was rolling along about 15MPH down a quite little street right behind a Lady and her small son on bicycles. They didnt even know I was behind them. The small boy moved right in front of my vehicle and was just peddling along. His mom was the one that looked back and saw me right behind him. Poor kid got his butt chewed real good. The kid just looked at the Lexus in amazement as I passed still on electric power. I think I need a real big Sub. Then they would hear the music....LOL

backing up? trying moving forward! Was creeping along and the people suddenly walked right in front of my car...blasted my horn and that made them move :P

I was rolling along about 15MPH down a quite little street right behind a Lady and her small son on bicycles. They didnt even know I was behind them. The small boy moved right in front of my vehicle and was just peddling along. His mom was the one that looked back and saw me right behind him. Poor kid got his butt chewed real good. The kid just looked at the Lexus in amazement as I passed still on electric power. I think I need a real big Sub. Then they would hear the music....LOL

LOL

My dogs don't care about me since I got the 400. When I drove in in my sports car they were always at the door with tails wagging. Now I'm lucky if they hear me before I open the back door.

BTW: As to the rear view camera, I'd love to be able to use it to see behind me both when I am in motion and when I am stopped, but still in drive. Anyone know a hack for this?

My dogs don't care about me since I got the 400. When I drove in in my sports car they were always at the door with tails wagging. Now I'm lucky if they hear me before I open the back door.

BTW: As to the rear view camera, I'd love to be able to use it to see behind me both when I am in motion and when I am stopped, but still in drive. Anyone know a hack for this?

whoa, never even thought about that...it would be cool to see tail gaters on the freeway...oh man it would be sweet on the freeway

There is a guy over sea's that was able to get into the system and run his camera in forward position. I tried it the same way he did and was unable to. Seems all we can do in the USA is over ride the system so we can enter the Nav screen in motion, but thats it.

There is a guy over sea's that was able to get into the system and run his camera in forward position. I tried it the same way he did and was unable to. Seems all we can do in the USA is over ride the system so we can enter the Nav screen in motion, but thats it.

Barefoot Bob..... I didn't know there is way to overrided the nav to enter commands (assuming destiantion, addresses) while in motion :) . Can you please let me know where to find the info- another post , web , etc.?

Thanks.

Barefoot Bob..... I didn't know there is way to overrided the nav to enter commands (assuming destiantion, addresses) while in motion :) . Can you please let me know where to find the info- another post , web , etc.?

Thanks.

Go to the menu screen, the touch volume, then touch the speeker in the left top corner of your screen. Then touch the bottom left corner of your screen(I know there is nothing there, just touch there anyway) Then the top again and the bottom one more time. Now a whole new screen will come up. Touch and hold overide till you hear a beep(about 5 seconds) and you are in. You have to do this every time you start up if you want to overide the system.

Hope this helps, Bob

lol very interesting...but i know the toyota prius makes a beeping sound thats very annoying when it backs up, like a giant truck. but you should see them with the backup camera.

The Prius only beeps inside when its in reverse, you can't hear it outside. The beep can be deactivated too.

if you do a quick search, on the rx330 forum, or this one, you can find it instantly, i dont know how to do it off hand for the newer gen. nav

Thanks....I found it ..I'll try it.

Thanks.

Go to the menu screen, the touch volume, then touch the speeker in the left top corner of your screen. Then touch the bottom left corner of your screen(I know there is nothing there, just touch there anyway) Then the top again and the bottom one more time. Now a whole new screen will come up. Touch and hold overide till you hear a beep(about 5 seconds) and you are in. You have to do this every time you start up if you want to overide the system.

Hope this helps, Bob

Wow, sounds tricky but I'll it. Seems similar to the one for RX300 that rx300driver pointed me too (not surprised). Having to enter it every time is no fun.

Thanks for the info.

lol very interesting...but i know the toyota prius makes a beeping sound thats very annoying when it backs up, like a giant truck. but you should see them with the backup camera.

The Prius only beeps inside when its in reverse, you can't hear it outside. The beep can be deactivated too.

how bout opening all the windows before back up? :whistles: