Recover Steering Wheel

Bill H

I have been reading the information on the sight regarding the steering wheels.

I looked and talked to American Stiches. I found another company in Florida called Alan Gun.

Has anyone done buisness with either and can you give me any feedback.

I have attached links to both companies. Alan Gun offers a two year warranty and provides a free loaner while he recovers your original.

American Stiches uses one of their cores and ships it to you and then you ship your wheel back to them which they will use as a core. I also found no information regarding a warranty with them.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a 1997 LS400 that I have owned since it was new in 1996.

Bill

www.aglausa.com

www.american-stiches.com

Yep, like Steve said, American Stitches really screwed up my wheel. Right off the bat the color match sucked, and then, the leather started developing these ugly white markings. I have to share some of the blame since I let them get away with that hack job; I should have sent it back as soon as I got it. When it came time to do my LS's steering wheel, I found one on car-part.com. It was $100 shipped, and it still looks brand new and was about 1/3 of the price I paid American Stitches. So, if you can find one at a junk yard by all means go for it....they're cheaper, no down time while having it recovered, and you can find ones that look just as good as new.

Yep, like Steve said, American Stitches really screwed up my wheel. Right off the bat the color match sucked, and then, the leather started developing these ugly white markings. I have to share some of the blame since I let them get away with that hack job; I should have sent it back as soon as I got it. When it came time to do my LS's steering wheel, I found one on car-part.com. It was $100 shipped, and it still looks brand new and was about 1/3 of the price I paid American Stitches. So, if you can find one at a junk yard by all means go for it....they're cheaper, no down time while having it recovered, and you can find ones that look just as good as new.

Steve and Blake,

Thanks for getting back to me. I had the dealership do a patch job that lasted about 9 months at $110. I have searched for used with no luck. I lost one on ebay recently.

Based on you experience Blake, I am going to try Alan Gun. They will convert both the wheel and shifter to wood and leather and give me a two year warranty. I spoke to Alan on the phone and they seem to have their act together. I will let everyone know how it turns out.

Bill

Hey Bill, I ment to attach this to the last post, so here's the color match issue I was talking about:

ES-1.jpg

If you go to car-part.com, you should be able to find one since it's a network of salvagers. If AG is offering a two year warranty, it sounds like a safe deal! I think my experience with AS was one of few since their are so many happy customers out there.