Finally Friday And My Lexus Tries To Kill My Weekend

Kennyr

It's Friday afternoon and I'm out of work, cruising home, thinking about going to the bar to have a few or more drinks and play pool. A couple blocks from my house I start loosing power, feels like the tranny is slipping or something. Then I came to the conclusion my charging system was down. I made it home and just drifted into the garage. My battery was at 7 volts and I had no charging at all. I charged up the battery and load tested it, its good. Alternator bad 90% of the time in this situation, but this one I put on from Checker Auto Parts ($150) 6 months ago !!Shocker!! I took it off and they bench tested it. Dead as I thought. Their getting me another one from the warehouse tomorrow. Just another case of me getting what I paid for. You pay for junk and you get junk. The rebuilt unit sure looks good all painted nice in a new box though. Dont get me wrong I will still buy the aftermarket stuff for cheaper, even though I get burned here and there. I guess I just like the pain.

Checker and Kragen are the same outfit i believe. I too have had bad luck with their rebuilds. I find Napa and Pep boys parts are better, have not ever had to return one of their rebuilds.

actually taking your starter/alternator to get rebuilt is the best option. it cost probably about 100-150 bucks depending on the place you go to but you still retain your factory stuff and its alot better than parts that are made who knows where