Es300 Idle

I am new to the forum, have a 93 es300. Seems to idle real slow when warm, works great other than that. Wonder if anyone could give me some info on how to adjust the idle up a bit. Runs around 500rpm at idle and when in drive is to low for me. Thanks

You don't adjust the idle on an EFI car. They'll idle at whatever the ECU wants them to idle at & any "adjustments" that can be performaned are mostly irrelevant. The ECU will still run at whatever it wants to run at.

Start by taking the IAC valve (EGR Valve & Throttle plate - for that matter the entire upper intake manifold) off & cleaning it. Then check for vacuum leaks on your hoses.

IAC valve sticking is the common cause.

Available at your local Toyota dealer Part's Dept http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/tbclean.jpg

:whistles:

or any other throttle body cleaner (ie. CRC) for that matter, just make sure it says "safe for O2 sensors" on the side of the can.

steviej

Is there any tutorial on this subject on this site anywhere, throttle body cleaning. Thanks for the onfo guys.

You don't adjust the idle on an EFI car. They'll idle at whatever the ECU wants them to idle at & any "adjustments" that can be performaned are mostly irrelevant. The ECU will still run at whatever it wants to run at.

Start by taking the IAC valve (EGR Valve & Throttle plate - for that matter the entire upper intake manifold) off & cleaning it. Then check for vacuum leaks on your hoses.

IAC valve sticking is the common cause.

I know on the honda accord 2 liter fuel injection you can set the idle.