2008 Lexus Ls Hybrid - Photos

Does the LS600hL (or the LS460 for that matter) have the option of an active suspension? That would be a deal breaker for me on any auto in this segment.

I'm surprised that Lexus has not touted Active suspension on it's web site (Active suspension is a $6K option on the MBZ S550).

Also there is no way that the LS600hL will come it at $125K. No way.. Jim McCraw NY times has just been added to list of non credible journalists. The article was poorly written to begin with for a major "rag" covering a world wide product release.

Hi:

The car looks great. I read somewhere that the reason they made the Hybrid Technology was as a monument to the achievements of Japanese Engeneering, not really to save much gas or emissions. Second this is all anew, I imagine they acomplihsed what they intended, create this buzz. For the Car to be really good in economy, it will have to be around 39/30 MPG, (Toyota Hybrids give better MPG in the city than in the Highway). If the MPG is not much higher than in the regular car it is just another gadget. The 2007 is around 19-27, which is not bad, but if people are going to pay so much more it has to be somehing dramatic.

C. PR

Does the LS600hL (or the LS460 for that matter) have the option of an active suspension? That would be a deal breaker for me on any auto in this segment.

I'm surprised that Lexus has not touted Active suspension on it's web site (Active suspension is a $6K option on the MBZ S550).

Also there is no way that the LS600hL will come it at $125K. No way.. Jim McCraw NY times has just been added to list of non credible journalists. The article was poorly written to begin with for a major "rag" covering a world wide product release.

Airmatic suspension is standard on the LS hybrid...but may be an option on the LS460.

THe regular LS460 says it can get mid 20s, i read that somewhere...so a hybrid version of that, plus a more powerful engine means...mid 20s lol

Major leagues are a "BIG" game...$125K ? They need to tone it down a bit and stick to their niche. Fine cars, but the "wannabee's" won't buy it at that price. Mercedes is a tough hurdle..."Out of Bounds"...As much as I know the Lexus is a fine automobile, that kind of money "buyers" won't go for it. IMHO ;)