91 LS400 Keyless entry

Kolofai

:wink: Just brought a 91 LS400 with only 36,000KM on it. Good car through and everything like new except few scatches. The biggest problem is the ex-owner lost the keyless entry key and one master key. I wonder how much will it cost to replace these keys. I just brought one 2nd hand keyless entry key from ebay of the same kind but being cut shorted so it can only be use for doors and alarm. The seller said I can go to the dealer and have them reprogram for me. If the dealer refuse to do it for me can I do it myself and how ?

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Since we're on the topic. I have both keys with the keyless entry. The keyless entry key has the plastic broken that loops it onto your key chain. Does anybody know of a place to get a replacement cover? The key and the keyless entry work fine. It's just that plastic case with the L symbol that is broke at the top so I can't loop it into my key chain.

• 1 month later...

I just recently bought a set of 2 keys with just door lock/unlock button from the dealer for $600.00 CANADIAN..

which is near $380 USD including tax..

Im disappointed that there isnt trunk release also

you could actually program it yourself according to this website:

http://www.cureline.net/lex/howtos/howto_k...programming.htm

i also lost my master key!! the one i had was the single masterkey with 1 button on the side for locking/unlocking doors. i asked the dealer and he said thats gonna cost me atleast $85 and a spare vallet key is $55. freaking expensive if you ask me.

i also have the same problem you have toddLS400, my vallet key when the key ring is also broken. i tryed super glue and that worked for awhile untill i dropped it, otherwise i always ended up leaving it in my pocket.

how much is the big master key? the one with the lock, unlock, trunk and panic buttons? will it even work for my 1991 LS400?