How low can the LS400 goes???

pongydoo

I have a first generation LS400 with Intrax lowering spring 1.5-1.75inches and i'm thinking of using the cramp to hold the coil of the spring together (I don't want to cut it) and should lower the car by another 3/4-1 inche. Right now there are only about 1inches between the inside of the tire and the top of the body (inside the wheel fender). Has anyone ever done it to their car?? Just curios of what will it be like?? I'm not planing to cut the spring so this is the alternative without spending $$$ on the coilover

i would'nt recomend using spring clamps .........

i know in The UK we can get springs manufactured for custom applications,companys like Pi do them,i would see if you can get a custom set made,or source some that will work may take some searching though..... :?

• 5 weeks later...
I have a first generation LS400 with Intrax lowering spring 1.5-1.75inches and i'm thinking of using the cramp to hold the coil of the spring together (I don't want to cut it) and should lower the car by another 3/4-1 inche. Right now there are only about 1inches between the inside of the tire and the top of the body (inside the wheel fender). Has anyone ever done it to their car?? Just curios of what will it be like?? I'm not planing to cut the spring so this is the alternative without spending $$$ on the coilover

why would you want anything else BUT coilovers?

• 2 weeks later...

Cutting in my opinion is good option. I would also recommend that you not drop the car beyond .75 inches. The car started to rub against something on my friends LS. So I only dropped my LS .25 inches in the front, and I'm still able to hit those Apexies.

• 3 months later...

Being not too expensive, get air ride or big red..So you can slam to the ground and raise it 9 inches from a switch in your car and in about 3 seconds. No its not hydrulics its kinda new and its considered the best way to lower a car, new airsuspension control..i recomend you go to www.ridetech.com they have more info...also, please dont cut your springs, the ride is as smooth as chunky peanut butter, you will regret it if you do...have fun with the decision.