Car Turns Off When Turning Off A/c

I have 95' Sc400 and I'm having the strangest problem......... Can anyone please tell me why my car turns off when I turn off my A/C off. While the car is running I just push the A/C button and my car automatically turns off, its damm Weird! Any solutions would be much appreciated. I doubled checked my battery terminals to see if they were loose but everything thing looks ok. Has anyone had a similar problem like this?

Yes, tell us what happens. Do all the dash lights go off like you switched off the key? Or does the motor just stop, and then you get the idiot lights?

Could be either:

1) A/C compressor frozen and so it just stops the engine dead

2) electrical issue w/ A/C and ignition or engine ECU

I have 95' Sc400 and I'm having the strangest problem......... Can anyone please tell me why my car turns off when I turn off my A/C off. While the car is running I just push the A/C button and my car automatically turns off, its damm Weird! Any solutions would be much appreciated. I doubled checked my battery terminals to see if they were loose but everything thing looks ok. Has anyone had a similar problem like this?

I have a 95' that does the same thing. If I turn off the a/c while driving the engine dies. All lights stay on etc. I can shift to neutral and re-start and as long as I have my foot on the accelerator the engine will run but if I take my foot off of the gas the engine will die again. If I park and leave the engine off for a while the car runs ok without the a/c.

SK is correct. Your throttle body is super dirty. If you remove the throttle body and look inside you should see some light pass through, the plate and body. Once carbon/deposits build-up the idle speed contol is the only thing maintaining idle speed. I have seem this on many 1995-1996 SC400's

• 2 weeks later...