Driver Side Door Doesn't Have That "thud" Sound

UltraLexx

I'm sure most of you know that nice deep sound your doors make when you shut them.. All my doors have a nice clean, solid shut except for my drivers side. I noticed nthat the bottom of the door sticks out more than the others and there is excessive movement down there when shutting. I looked for some adjustment screws and didn't find any, is there??

1993 LS

There are 2 or3 bolts at the top of the door ,just below the windshield, that come loose over time and can also cause a clicking sound when openig/closing. They are hard to see but you can reach around and feel them.

There are 2 or3 bolts at the top of the door ,just below the windshield, that come loose over time and can also cause a clicking sound when openig/closing. They are hard to see but you can reach around and feel them.

I have the same problem on my LS430 2001 model. I've spoken to the dealer about this, but the clicking or snaping noise, heard only when the driver side door is opened from the inside, is very intermittent or occuring randomly. The dealer won't adjust anything unless they can pin point the problem. When observing the door alignment and the chrome strip along the base of the window, it is off ever so slightly and doesn't align with the rear chrome strip - as if the door is not closing completely. I am wondering if something has shifted or moved with the door. This is the first I've heard of this problem on the forum. Perhaps others have noticed this problem as well?

When I first got my car, the driver's side door would click when you would open it. Mine was in the hinge. Look where the hinge is and you should see a black piece of plastic covering the anchor bolt on the car "not the door". Pop that piece of plastic off and tighten down the bolt. It's an alan wrench, not a normal bolt. I did this, and no more clicking noise. Took 10 minutes..

Rf, interesting!!! My driver's side door doesn't have that feeling anymore either, and the new weahterstrip on the door didn't really fix it "although eliminated all wind noise". The door is coming up on my list of things to tackle.

I have a similar problem but it is the hinges.

The LS door is rather heavy and when others who don't "care" a car the way we do open it they throw it open and let the hinges stop it. Problem is the small pins of a hinge are not made to stop a 200 pound monster just keep it upright.

So both of my front door sag slightly and need to be realigned after i replace the hinges. I wish i could replace just the pins but i doubt it would help enough.

The clicking noise refered to is definatly from a loose or broken bracket not hinge.

I have a similar problem but it is the hinges.

The LS door is rather heavy and when others who don't "care" a car the way we do open it they throw it open and let the hinges stop it. Problem is the small pins of a hinge are not made to stop a 200 pound monster just keep it upright.

So both of my front door sag slightly and need to be realigned after i replace the hinges. I wish i could replace just the pins but i doubt it would help enough.

The clicking noise refered to is definatly from a loose or broken bracket not hinge.

The noise I'm hearing appears to be the door latch releasing when i open the door from the inside. It is not the normal release that i feel, but it happens only on occasion. The door release is not a smooth normal release, rather a snapping or dull click to the release of the locking mechanism. Almost as if the door was realigned improperly and needs to be realigned. It is not a huge problem, just a annoyance that comes and goes.

wow thats funny i have the same problem just didnt think any of it my driver side doar isnt aligend all the way with my rear doar and i get exessive noise if i push on the doar it aligns so it seems like somethings not letting it close all the way or the locks that hold the doar in are worn out but i hate hearing the wind noise when its not present on the passengers side

My advice is..do not adjust the door hinges until you tighten the bolts.

"There are 2 or3 bolts at the top of the door ,just below the windshield, that come loose over time and can also cause a clicking sound when openig/closing. They are hard to see but you can reach around and feel them." Fixed my "click"