Confusing Suspension Problem

I have a 97 es300 with 100k+ miles on it. I have searched and found lots of topics on struts and parts for it. However none of the topics said anything about the car they own having the SPORT/COMFORT option on the middle console below the shifter. I've searched on the sites that some of the members have recommended but none of the struts that came up had the "electronic suspension control" (sorry i do not know the technical term) option on their suspension. I would like to replace my struts with the same exact ones so that my ride stiffness option can still be used. What other parts would I need to get to completely replace the struts (the rubber bushings and all that) . Does anyone know about how much to expect to pay for the parts with the electronic suspension option? I'm sure i'm missing more to ask but its very confusing because auto parts stores only have struts without the electronic suspension, and i don't want to order online and get stuck with the same struts I can get at the parts store near me. And a last case senario would be I guess I would just have to bite the bullet and go to a Lexus Dealership.

I have a 97 es300 with 100k+ miles on it. I have searched and found lots of topics on struts and parts for it. However none of the topics said anything about the car they own having the SPORT/COMFORT option on the middle console below the shifter. I've searched on the sites that some of the members have recommended but none of the struts that came up had the "electronic suspension control" (sorry i do not know the technical term) option on their suspension. I would like to replace my struts with the same exact ones so that my ride stiffness option can still be used. What other parts would I need to get to completely replace the struts (the rubber bushings and all that) . Does anyone know about how much to expect to pay for the parts with the electronic suspension option? I'm sure i'm missing more to ask but its very confusing because auto parts stores only have struts without the electronic suspension, and i don't want to order online and get stuck with the same struts I can get at the parts store near me. And a last case senario would be I guess I would just have to bite the bullet and go to a Lexus Dealership.

I have it too on my 2001.....it's called AVS (or adaptive variable suspension). Best advice is call the Lexus dealers parts department & get prices....let me know as well......I'm curious. If they end up being astronomical in price, I will have a difficult decision to make one of these days. Keep me posted. :blink::huh:

:cheers:

Now that I know what the type of suspension is called now, (AVS) Does anyone know where I can get those kind of struts without going to the dealer. Push comes to shove thats what I'm gonna have to deal is suck it up and go to the dealer :cries: . If I don't have to that would be great

Ok if I was to go onto KYB website to look for struts for my car whether they have AVS option or not. Is the strut the only thing i need to do i need to get anything else. THe car creaks and knocks over bumps. Is there more parts to the Strut assembly that can go bad other than the spring and strut, like any other top or bottom pieces. I am very confused, I had an 84 Buick lesabre and the car was easy to work on, if the shock was bad, Boom you change the shock. things were a lot easier, now i'm just completely confused.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I went to the Lexus dealer by me today, and i asked them to quote me some prices. I now know why It took so long to for me to go up to the dealer. For all 4 Struts and the support assemblies, and this is just the price of material mind you, is $1737.74 .

Well I went to the Lexus dealer by me today, and i asked them to quote me some prices. I now know why It took so long to for me to go up to the dealer. For all 4 Struts and the support assemblies, and this is just the price of material mind you, is $1737.74 .

The AVS suspension isn't going to be cheap. Try check prices at park place lexus in texus. They have a site you can check and ph# to call.

http://www.parkplacetexas.com/DealershipHo...?DealershipID=5

Look for the parts/access link, and go to the catalog. If you're not sure which parts you need, just call them up.

I don't work for them, but had good expriences with them.