Please Help With Stock Mark Levinson Audio Querk

I just bought a 2001 Lexus GS430. I LOVE the car and the Mark Levinson system is very crisp and nice.

HOWEVER, a random crackling noise is audible in all four speakers at times, even when i turn off the whole sound system it will rarely make the noise. The noise is quite loud, regardless of the volume setting and is like a strong crackling distortion noise.

I do not know the problem, but would LOVE some feedback. I am thinking it could be a bad ground in the head unit possibly? It can't be the speakers if all 4 are doing it.

Thanks in advance for the replies

I would say take it back to the dealer and get the sound system replaced. You paid top money for a premium car. Crackling noise is not expected of such a system. As a BMW automotive audio engineer and a Lexus owner myself I can tell you that there is a great deal of development in these systems to avoid grounding issues. In fact these would sound more like static or alternator whine.

If you are out of warranty then you are SOL unfortunately. Did this develop recently, has it always had it do you have all original audio equipment components or did you add any aftermarket. Crackling is different than distortion. If you can get a laptop in that car and try to get a recording of the noise you are talking about.

Crackling noises may be expected if you have a weak bluetooth signal during a hands free call if you have the BT kit but not in high fidelity audio

• 6 months later...