Water Problem In Rx 400h

We had a heavy rainstorm in the area and my hybrid sat outside the garage during it. I drove less than a mile down the road on Sunday and got malfunction lights for my VCS (traction) and Hybrid system. I parked the car and left it until Lexus roadside assist could get there late that day. The car sat with a towing company on Sunday and was delivered to the dealer on Mon. at 3pm. The computers for both VCS and the hybrid/batteries are ruined due to water damage. Has anyone else had this problem? I never drove through standing water, just a heavy rain. This vehicle has had the rear lift gate replaced and they have pulled the fuel tank when the gauge was reading empty. (That problem was actually located on the dash assembly and it has been replaced. They have also replaced all four tires and the power steering computer. Do I have a lemon, or is anyone else seeing these problems?

tom, after the hevey rains in san francisco i to hav the same problem, but i did not stop, i keep driving, i drive close to 100 miles a day and the light keep flishing and some times going out. i tryed pulling over and turning off the key and restart , this some times worked so i figured it may go away if i just drive, some times the drive batterys stoped charging and the service hybrid system lights came on, i keep driving . after 3rd day everything was normal. its been 1 week now, and so far so good, at this price and 10k to have a simple problem from rain in not happy. what did lexus not ever test drive this car in the rain befor seling to us. ps, im a 21 year auto tech and all i do is electral , driveablity and air conditioning, this is my strong points

uhh go back to where you bought it, serramonte probably, and tell them about the problem. There by getting a new car :D

The guy that got the new car had other issues, and there may have been some fault with the service dept in work they did on the rear gate that lead to the leak. I doub't the rest of us with a damaged computer or battery due to water intrusion would be as forturnate.

But if it turns out to be a design flaw where under normal use (hatch opened in the rain or leaky rear seal ) the computer gets flooded and causes $10K worth of damage... then a RECALL would be in order.

Personally, I would like to see pictures of where these compters are located and what provisions (if any) were put in place to prevent water intrusion into this space.

any problem taking this baby through a car wash? (other than, per the user manual, having to remove the antenna)

In my experience, antenna removal is unnecessary. Of course, that's just my carwash!

Thanks...haven't done first wash (automatic) yet..I'll just fold it back

i never thought that it was good to put the car through an auto car washer. THose things are rough, and i can imagine what it can do to some cars. its just a bunch of cardboard flapping against your car. Ill admit, because it only costs 3 dollars, i have done it more than once, but i really try not to. lol

i never thought that it was good to put the car through an auto car washer. THose things are rough, and i can imagine what it can do to some cars. its just a bunch of cardboard flapping against your car. Ill admit, because it only costs 3 dollars, i have done it more than once, but i really try not to. lol

rx330driver...first i like your analogy to "cardbaods flapping" :) ....most car washes around here (northern nj) fit that description. however, there are one or two that are brush-less and use soft felt-like material.

i don't go to car washes from may thru nov either when it is warm enough. but in winter you have to make a choice: leave salt on the car or go thru a car wash. not a problem in your town but around here road salt/mud usually after a snow fall is not only an eye soar but potientially a corosion accelerator.

i have always wanted to move to ca... B)

ah, i neglected to look at where you lived. I guess that getting the salt off is a better alternative. California is all that everyone on the east thinks it is, its not always the "sunshine state" where you only see pictures of the beaches. :D

• 15 years later...

I really need some help with my 2006 Rn 400H it got some pretty bad water damage and it won’t crank, my dashboard says check vsc, check Hybird system, check Awd system, I’ve taken out my front three spark plugs and there was water in them I tried taking out all the water. I just don’t know what I should do next.