Dieing Battery.

SlammedLs400

My battery on my 92 ls keeps dieing thing is that the alternator is good fuisble link is good. What else could it be. I get the battery charged and a couple of days later boom its dead again. Any help would be great. ;)

How old is the battery? It may just be dead in general. What's the CCA rating? Is it strong enough for the car?

Take the battery or the whole car to a shop that can test the battery. If it checks out ok you might have something draining the battery slowly. Only way to find that is to figure out which fuse is pulling current with a voltmeter when the car is off. Or it could be a VR problem. Anyone know if the Voltage Regulator is in the alternator? That might be something to check as well.

On a side note, if you have a battery that has removeable caps, make sure there is liquid in all cells. I had a car that ran hot in which the engine was near the battery and would over time evaporate most of the water in the battery cells closest to the engine. I had to fill the battery with distilled water once during the summer and then the battery was good until the next hot season. Most new batteries are sealed so you may not have that going on.

Good luck.

My battery on my 92 ls keeps dieing thing is that the alternator is good fuisble link is good. What else could it be. I get the battery charged and a couple of days later boom its dead again. Any help would be great. ;)

Slammed:

Why don't you just take it in & have the charging system checked?

If you "Easter-Egg" troubleshoot the problem, you'll be very lucky if you replace all the parts only once.

nc's probably right........Your battery is probably dying/dead. The next thing that happens is the dead battery kills the alternator. You replace the batttery & the dead alternator kills the new battery............sound like fun?

Anyone know if the Voltage Regulator is in the alternator?

pretty sure last time i was under there i thought i saw it on the back of there

Hmmmm...................Power Steering leaks?....................

well see really what happend was that the eclipse of the moon combined with the cow's blood and three witches that live next door caused a..........yeah crap you caught me stupid p/s pump

SLammed, You should really just keep one thread going as multiple threads by the same poster on the same topic are forum pollution. but i understand your wish to get the problem solved.

Yes the alternators have a voltage regulator circuit in them, but they are integrated circuits, nothing you can check or adjust.

If you can disconnect the alternator connector you should have <4 volts on the #2 wire (which is the one on the left if you have the square connector at the top, sorry don't know how to post pictures) with ignition on.

Hmmmm...................Power Steering leaks?....................

well see really what happend was that the eclipse of the moon combined with the cow's blood and three witches that live next door caused a..........yeah crap you caught me stupid p/s pump

Sap:

C'mon, not necessarily!........

Besides, I thought about mentioning it in a previous post, but I don't want to be accused of having an un-healthy obsession with the P/S pump...........

But you did forgot about "Raining Frogs" & the "Headless Horseman"......

Things sure were a lot simpler when I got married............we mutually agreed to run away. Much, Much easier! nc.....something to consider.....

HAHA this is great,

as you can all probably tell from my twenty zillion posts today, i am having a bit of a slump at work here, but thanks to you guys i am thoroughly entertained!!

The battery is good i and its the right one i just dont have a clue what it could be.