Rx 300 Entry Level Model

punkyrules

A Lexus dealer has an RX 300 - 1999 for $20,900 with 40k miles on it and it is a pre-owned certified car. The dealer told me it was a very basic model with minimal features. For example, it does not have a rear spoiler or moon roof.

It does have leather upholstery but one thing that surprised me, was that it did not have a CD player, just a cassette deck and radio.

Has anyone ever heard of an RX without a CD player? What else might it not have in it?

Thanks

$21k seems like a pretty reasonable price for the vehicle you describe. I just purchased a 2000 Rx that was certified is AWD and has 44k miles for $24k. I looked at about 30 different Rx's before I bought mine and the lowest priced 2000 I saw was $22k but it was not certified and not from a lexus dealer. All the Rx's I looked at had sunroofs and CD players so I cant tell you anything there but the AWD/2WD is obviously a factor. Roof rails may also be a cost option.

It's somewhat common in my area (NH/MA) to see the base models without roof, spoiler, cd. I just bought a 2000 RX300 Certified Pre-owned for 26k and I ended up with the fully loaded model. I spent about 6 months looking and during my time realized that there were basically 2 trims that were sold around here. Fully loaded models with everything and base models which had cloth seats, no cd player, no sunroof, etc. Most of the RX300's Ive seen were fully loaded models. Sounds like you got a base but with leather which is a nice feature.

Good luck with the car. I love mine

Jeremy

YES THERE WAS A BASE MODEL THE DEALERS ORDERED AND SOLD FOR $28,000 NEW in 1999. THAT WAS THE ONE THAT WAS IN THE SUNDAY PAPER RX300 FOR ONLY THIS MUCH. when you got to the dealer the loaded model was $40,000THAY ALL CAME WITH NO CD CHANGER AND MOST WITH THE TAN INTERIOR. NO BLACK OR GREY ORDERED FOR THE 28,000.00 SALE PRICE. toake up the $12,000 difference lexus raised the prices of the missing accesories to match the 12,000 difference. so the cd changer which was 1000.00 new on all the other lexus models was raised to $2,500 THE CHANGER CAN BE BOUGHT ON THE USED MARKET FOR $450.00 AND YOU WILL NEED THE WHOLE GLOVEBOX CHANGED TO ACCOMODATE THE CHAnger.

Just for reference, you might want to consider looking some more, as we bought a *loaded* AWD, every option, including NAV system, but the hitch, a 2002 model, for $30K not but a few weeks ago. Had 22K on it, but they lived in the middle of nowhere, so they were easy miles.

Only problem I've found is warped front rotors, but they're just barely warped. Didn't really confirm it 'till I used the brakes above 60 MPH, which isn't a common occurance, least around here. Traffic usually doesn't get going that fast here in Portland. Might harm a tree going that fast, I guess.