Air Changes Temp

Rx330driver

Okay, imagine is a cold day, and for some, you dont have to imagine. Im talking 40 something degrees. With the fan off, no defrosting or anything, the air from the outside that is coming in feels like its heat. The car seems to know that its cold outside and automatically heats air that is coming in. does anyone else notice this, because i do, and also in my old rx300 it did. When you turn the aircon on, with it set originally at 70 ish, the air will come out cold. Anyways, just a little observation. I just wanted to see if you guys in the mountains notice this. To sum it up, air coming in is warmer than the preset temp.

Okay, imagine is a cold day, and for some, you dont have to imagine. Im talking 40 something degrees. With the fan off, no defrosting or anything, the air from the outside that is coming in feels like its heat. The car seems to know that its cold outside and automatically heats air that is coming in. does anyone else notice this, because i do, and also in my old rx300 it did. When you turn the aircon on, with it set originally at 70 ish, the air will come out cold. Anyways, just a little observation. I just wanted to see if you guys in the mountains notice this. To sum it up, air coming in is warmer than the preset temp.

The defaulf, OFF, position, settings, of the Toyota/Lexus automatic climate control system is with the blend door in the heat position. Until the engine coolant warms or you actually turn on the fan the airflow routing will be toward the windshield, "baffling the incoming airflow, defrost/defog/demist position. This latter is to prevent you from being hit with a cold blast of air from forward motion when you first start out on a coldish morning.

They all do this. You'd think "off" would mean OFF!

During the winter months i usually set the temp to ~74 degrees. Later in the day when i come home, the car is usually warm because of sitting in the sun all day. I always have to lower the temp to ~68 and set it to OFF to prevent any hot air from coming out. It is agrivating!

They all do this. You'd think "off" would mean OFF!

During the winter months i usually set the temp to ~74 degrees. Later in the day when i come home, the car is usually warm because of sitting in the sun all day. I always have to lower the temp to ~68 and set it to OFF to prevent any hot air from coming out. It is agrivating!

Hit "off" and also push the "recirc" button.

No outside air will come in