Would Like To Install Real Hids To My Es300

Where can i purchase a complete kit with instructions to install real HIDS to my '93 ES300 ??

anybody done this ?

93 has projectors stock , but they are halogen. u need to get a xenon(hid) low beam projector and a set of d2s bulbs and some ballasts (oem perferablly, alot better quality)

u need to remove your headlights, heat them in a oven at 250 for 10 mintes and pull the front lens off. now remove the stck projector toss it in a junk pile and retro fit the hid projector in just that simple. adjust the projector and mount everything you are done...

i have done that about 5 time my self. it is simple i even have a e46 low beam projector if u want it, it is small and compact. and should fit.

the light out put will be alot better wider and brighter with a true hid projector compared to your stock halogen.

for the projector and bulb it is like 160 then all u need is a ballast well 2 usually ~150 buchs so approx 300 bucks u can have a retro better than and keron kit ever will be.

You have to modify the cutoff (pita) or shim the lens out 3/8" to produce a sharp, non glaring cut-off.

Otherwise... It's a relay, a powe wire, two ground wires, bolt the ballasts somewhere where they won't get wet & plug in the relay to one of the stock headlight harnesses so they turn on.

Do not

put HID's in that car if you are not capable of taking apart your stock projectors, and rebulding them... I will flog you for being a glaring, ricing, all around idiot.

You have to modify the cutoff (pita) or shim the lens out 3/8" to produce a sharp, non glaring cut-off.

Otherwise... It's a relay, a powe wire, two ground wires, bolt the ballasts somewhere where they won't get wet & plug in the relay to one of the stock headlight harnesses so they turn on.

Do not

put HID's in that car if you are not capable of taking apart your stock projectors, and rebulding them... I will flog you for being a glaring, ricing, all around idiot.

dude, calm down with the insults ? I am barely looking for infromation here...

Where can i purchase a complete kit with instructions to install real HIDS to my '93 ES300 ??

anybody done this ?

93 has projectors stock , but they are halogen. u need to get a xenon(hid) low beam projector and a set of d2s bulbs and some ballasts (oem perferablly, alot better quality)

u need to remove your headlights, heat them in a oven at 250 for 10 mintes and pull the front lens off. now remove the stck projector toss it in a junk pile and retro fit the hid projector in just that simple. adjust the projector and mount everything you are done...

i have done that about 5 time my self. it is simple i even have a e46 low beam projector if u want it, it is small and compact. and should fit.

the light out put will be alot better wider and brighter with a true hid projector compared to your stock halogen.

for the projector and bulb it is like 160 then all u need is a ballast well 2 usually ~150 buchs so approx 300 bucks u can have a retro better than and keron kit ever will be.

What about the alternator load ? I was under the impression I had to install other things besides the HID lamps and changing the projectors... any idea where to get all these parts ?

thanks

anybody done this ?

where can I get the HID projectors ?

What about the alternator load ? I was under the impression I had to install other things besides the HID lamps and changing the projectors... any idea where to get all these parts ?

thanks

ebayor hidplanetor for some additional info hid info

no need to change alt. but a wireing harness is a good idea, u can bulba good one for 20 bucks.

here is a pic of my truck before i got the projectors adjusted correctly.

post-15085-1142018893_thumb.jpg

here is a retro i did for a friend in va.

post-15085-1142018966_thumb.jpg

here is a pic of my truck and another friend that lives near me. i went for the look atm me look, he went with the blacked out look. all are factoryt hid projector bulbs and ballasts.

post-15085-1142019086_thumb.jpg

also retroed a set of ebay f-150 headlights wiht a set of e 46's.

post-15085-1142019256_thumb.jpg

Stock HID's for car use are 35w. Tho there are a handful of 55watt kits out there.

HID's are lower power than stock bulbs, and because the ballasts smoothe out a rough power supply, they don't dim with big audio equipment.

mdscorp I'm not insulting you... I'm telling you:

1) What needs to be done

2) That anyone that doesn't do what needs to be done IS an idiot

If I were insulting you, I would have called you dumb. I didn't say that. So you're not insulted... (re-read)

thanks

no need to change alt. but a wireing harness is a good idea, u can bulba good one for 20 bucks.

here is a pic of my truck and another friend that lives near me. i went for the look atm me look, he went with the blacked out look. all are factoryt hid projector bulbs and ballasts.

Hello everyone! Normally I post over at clublexus but I specialize in what's called HID retrofits and that's the art of professionally installing HID into a car that previously didn't have it. I've been doing it for almost 4 years now with great results and can help you out as well.

Here are a few samples of my work

A recent GS400 one I did

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...hlight=retrofit

an SC one I did back in late 05

and my own 99 ES coach edition one I did in the summer

and finally one of my first few ones...my old 95 ES

I've done several more and have helped hundreds of people get what they need. Feel free to email me at mikemill2k3@yahoo.com since I'm rarely on here if you'd like more help with your project.

Mike

Stock HID's for car use are 35w. Tho there are a handful of 55watt kits out there.

HID's are lower power than stock bulbs, and because the ballasts smoothe out a rough power supply, they don't dim with big audio equipment.

mdscorp I'm not insulting you... I'm telling you:

1) What needs to be done

2) That anyone that doesn't do what needs to be done IS an idiot

If I were insulting you, I would have called you dumb. I didn't say that. So you're not insulted... (re-read)

Fine, no problem, i guess I miss-read your post.

Ok, lots of good info but nobody is telling me where can i get HID projectors for my '93 ES300 ?

thanks

Hello everyone! Normally I post over at clublexus but I specialize in what's called HID retrofits and that's the art of professionally installing HID into a car that previously didn't have it. I've been doing it for almost 4 years now with great results and can help you out as well.

A recent GS400 one I did

I've done several more and have helped hundreds of people get what they need. Feel free to email me at mikemill2k3@yahoo.com since I'm rarely on here if you'd like more help with your project.

Mike

rea your thread on your first one for the 95 ES, geez, does look like a LOT of owrk... I knew it wasn't easy but this looks like too much....

thanks

A recent GS400 one I did

Mike

rea your thread on your first one for the 95 ES, geez, does look like a LOT of owrk... I knew it wasn't easy but this looks like too much....

I can help walk you through it or do it for you as well. Email me

Do not

THANK YOU! I hate when this little punks put plug-play HIDS in there halogen housings and blind people. Most people do it incorrectly and BLIND people.

The only HIDS that are legal are factory or retro's. out side of that, read the laws.

God, I love your posts.

Do not

THANK YOU! I hate when this little punks put plug-play HIDS in there halogen housings and blind people. Most people do it incorrectly and BLIND people.

The only HIDS that are legal are factory or retro's. out side of that, read the laws.

God, I love your posts.

THANK YOU, i am not a little PUNK, I am a 45 year old Guy, president of my own web hosting company and a very hard working person. I thought this was a forum to get good , clean information, not a place to get flamed by people that don't even know me.

Do not

God, I love your posts.

THANK YOU, i am not a little PUNK, I am a 45 year old Guy, president of my own web hosting company and a very hard working person. I thought this was a forum to get good , clean information, not a place to get flamed by people that don't even know me.

they werent talkin about u......they were talkin about people who do this

01-07-06_2235.jpg

here is a pic of the h1 hid kit in a ebay f-150 headlight and a e46 on my yellow wall.

fe_12.JPG

Hmm, who brought up your age or what you do; they really have nothing to do with it. I jsut know what I have seen since the late 2000 time frame...Most people have illegal hids.

We, or at least me have looked into HIDS for about 6 years and most HID are illegal since people do not know the rules or care about blinding other drivers (safety).

I have a 98 ES and unless I do a retro (ballast, HID projectors) there is no way they wil be legal, look correct (cut-off, glare etc) and not blind people. Plus it is not worth it. I would think about it unless you are going to keep an older ES (almost 14 years) for more years to come. Or put it this way, you will not get your money back.

I would do a search since this has come up many times; or go over to HIDplanet since they guys know there stuff, big time.

mdscorp, you need to chill a little yourself.

This is the third post in the same thread that you have not read or interpreted correctly. Agreed, you can't get voice inflection or infer tone from just reading words, but please make and effort.

mburn was NOT calling you a little punk. He was referring to all the actual "little punks" that try and succeed in converting to HID the cheap way and end up blinding all of us careful and diligent drivers. "Little punk" doesn't have to necessarily refer to age, it can refer to maturity or lack thereof.

Everyone that has replyed in this thread has tried to help you by steering you in the correct direction for the proper installation of an HID system that will be effective for you and not interfering to others. Work with us as we try to help you.

What you are misunderstanding is the frustrations of some talented people towards the actions of may DIYers that don't do it yourself correctly. These people are trying to help you get it right rather than letting you wander off and do it wrong. Fear not, you are amongst friend here unless you install the incorrect mode of HID conversion.

steviej

ES Forum Moderator.

mdscorp, you need to chill a little yourself.

This is the third post in the same thread that you have not read or interpreted correctly. Agreed, you can't get voice inflection or infer tone from just reading words, but please make and effort.

mburn was NOT calling you a little punk. He was referring to all the actual "little punks" that try and succeed in converting to HID the cheap way and end up blinding all of us careful and diligent drivers. "Little punk" doesn't have to necessarily refer to age, it can refer to maturity or lack thereof.

Everyone that has replyed in this thread has tried to help you by steering you in the correct direction for the proper installation of an HID system that will be effective for you and not interfering to others. Work with us as we try to help you.

What you are misunderstanding is the frustrations of some talented people towards the actions of may DIYers that don't do it yourself correctly. These people are trying to help you get it right rather than letting you wander off and do it wrong. Fear not, you are amongst friend here unless you install the incorrect mode of HID conversion.

steviej

ES Forum Moderator.

you are absoultely correct and I apologize for my outburst.

thanks for everybody help.