Loose Fuses In Fusebox Creating All Kinds Of Issues

ylekiot1

Just fyi,

I have had electrical issues that I haven't had time to tackle until recently. The cigarette lighter was not working and the fog lights weren't as well. Well Tuesday the wipers would not come on in a downpour. Wife was not happy. Needless to say I found myself with plenty of time rather quickly to fix this. LOL. I found that both of these fuses were good for the cig and wiper. However, they were loose and had a bunch of play in the fuse box. When I would wiggle them, like a loose tooth, both circuits started working. I ended up pulling the fuses and bent each prong opposite directions slightly to make better contact. The fog lights still aren't working so I suspect on the opposite side of the fuse board that the relay is corroded. If you have any electrical gremlins try this out first. May save you some trouble.

ylekiot1,

Your loose accessories fuse issue might be related to a Southwestern Bell Mobile phone installer using a spade insert in June, 1990 to power my old President brand fixed phone kit.

I think I remember once removing that spade insert from the fuse box and finding that the cigarette ligher or some other accessory had stopped working. So I pushed the spade insert back in to the fuse box and everything started working again.

Hey, I don't get to see my (eh, your) "baby" anymore. Stop driving the Tundra to work and take the LS back from your wife! ;)