Door Pin Switch, Dome Light, Door Lock Motor All Connected?

Chev-Hell

ok, im new to all this stuff these cars have we just bought a 99 rx and before i go digging for the regular car fixes, These are my simptons.... driver side door lock doesn't electricly work (switch, nor the remote but remote does work the other locks in the truck) 2nd the dome light doesn't come on with the drivers door open, 3rd the remote works, and the red light blinks, but it doesn't automaticly lock the doors NOR does it ever set off the alarm...

Im reading these trucks have computers for the door locks, headlights and freeking everything....

also on a side note, HOW the heck do you remove the headlight assembly?? i removed the 2 screws on top. i need to get the condensation out then seal it up better... im not an idiot I build hotrods

The only way to know what is going on for sure is to test the multiplexing computer inside the door.

You would need to short out wires and gauge the computers reaction to responses.

It may be just some parts or the wiring.

Things to try.

Does the drivers door lock make the alarm turn off (if armed or in panic) or on?

Spray some pb blaster on the door lock area of the door and check for damage on the rubber insulator that houses the wires from the body to the door.

Otherwise the door panel needs to be removed.

i've actualy pulled the panel off now, and when i messed with the whole assembly it would work the light sometimes, meaning there's probably just a short in it, but the door-lock is still a no-go... im waiting on the manual to see exactly how to remove the actuator/latch assembly so i don't screw it up, if i can get it out, i can more than likely fix it :)