A Couple Minor Issues Before I Start Her Up

sahtt

Filling her up with coolant and starting her tomorrow early afternoon, however:

a.) There is an unconnected yellow sensor that comes from a harness near the top of the radiator in height off the ground, between the battery and the far right hand side of the radiator. It has about a foot of wiring behind it, so it could connect to anywhere on the right side of the motor. Doesn't mention it anywhere in the writeup, and I don't particularly remember disconnecting it.

b.) Some auto trans fluid [it's pink and came from the right rear side of the transmission pan] leaked out during my 90k, from the transmission pan area, maybe 1/2-1 cup. I'm guessing it was caused by straining the auto fluid lines while installing the alternator, etc. When I check the fluid level it is 2" or so above the MAX line for WARM; WAY above where it is supposed to be cold. I checked it before I did this maint. and I believe it was the same. It has been changed fairly recently. Weird? Nothing is noticeably out of place when looking at all the lines from under the car.

And off topic, how long do front pads usually last on this car? It has been less than 30k since the fronts were replaced and they are squeaking.

Thanks again guys.

So.. could someone please take a few seconds to glance under the hood and see where this connector is supposed to go? It's the only sensor/wire in that area that isn't fastened down. Has a yellow end connector, the lead starts a couple inches to the right of the top right of the radiator and has about a foot of play.

Thanks.

Now that's much better. This looks like the connector for the thermo switch which is installed at the bottom left side of the radiator. In fact you can kind of see the switch in the second picture.

Hmm, I'll check it out. Unfortunately, I saw water dripping when I went outside to take the picture. I don't want to fathom what that will entail in the near future. I've already done almost the entire TB job twice now, 3rd time is not the charm, it'll be my breaking point.

Yes I know the feeling it gets frustrating going through all this and finding a leak. I only had one leak and it wa related to the radiator drain, I did not replace the o-ring as recommend by the manual and it started leaking just suddenly one week later.