Broken Door Panals

I'm a new guy.

Bought my son's '92 Sc400. Ive always wanted one. The design on that model is timeless.

My sons in the the Coast Guard and drove it back and froth from San Fran to LA. 98000 mi and everythings OK except for one big problem. The door panals are broken.

They seem to brake where they are pulled on to shut the door. Went to the factory $1300.00 not counting pockets. Tried the internet--nothing. Tried Ebay; no luck. Then a fella in Arkinsas (ibuyjunks) put a pair on ebay with pictures and the words 'no visible defects'. I won the bid. They arrived and were also broken. I took digital pics. Asked for half my money back. He stonewalled me. Paypal refunded half.

They are still better than the ones I have though I will have to reupolster. Im thinking I'll have to use fiberglass to repair and strengthen the backing on the panals also the holes for fastening to the door itself are broken.

Anybody been able to solve this problem? If anybody got an idea it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Headlite

If your new this site may help reduce the costs of future parts:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...=213956&make=20

Good luck with the door panels, it happens to everyone. Most of the time when this occurs you just need to replace the "door pocket" assembly which is around $250/side from the site I just recommended. But eventually in a few years they will break again unless reinforced somehow.

I'm a new guy.

Bought my son's '92 Sc400. Ive always wanted one. The design on that model is timeless.

My sons in the the Coast Guard and drove it back and froth from San Fran to LA. 98000 mi and everythings OK except for one big problem. The door panals are broken.

They seem to brake where they are pulled on to shut the door. Went to the factory $1300.00 not counting pockets. Tried the internet--nothing. Tried Ebay; no luck. Then a fella in Arkinsas (ibuyjunks) put a pair on ebay with pictures and the words 'no visible defects'. I won the bid. They arrived and were also broken. I took digital pics. Asked for half my money back. He stonewalled me. Paypal refunded half.

They are still better than the ones I have though I will have to reupolster. Im thinking I'll have to use fiberglass to repair and strengthen the backing on the panals also the holes for fastening to the door itself are broken.

Anybody been able to solve this problem? If anybody got an idea it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Headlite

Hey thanks for the tip Lexus082. I just paid msrp at the dealership in Ocean, NJ for the door hinge. I rushed the deal because my inside panel is also giving way due to the resistance of the hinge. The site you mentioned has them at $50 less. So next time Ill check them out first.

Just bought the car last month, and thanks to this site saved the cost of sending the car into the shop for the third brake light. The wires were BROKEN in the trunk next to the trunk hinge where I was replacing the struts. 2 places!

Best Regards,

David

92 sccd 130K