Anti-lock Brakes

VBdenny

I looked over everything in my car and found no mention of ABS anywhere. I don't have ride or traction control. I thought it had to be mentioned. I have hit the brakes hard before but never to the point of lockup. I just don't think I have it. Does anyone out there have a 90 that says ABS anywhere on it?

If you have ABS (on any car, not just Lexus) in your vehicle you should notice the 'ABS' indicator light come on momentarily (if it is not malfunctioning), along with other indicator lights in your dash console, when you start the engine. If you don't then you probably don't have.

The is no ABS light. I also have looked under the hood for an ABS control unit w(which is obvious on my Chevy). Short of doing a lock-up, I really don't believe this car has ABS. The original owner is a friend of mine who sold Lexuses at the time. I'll give him a call, maybe he knows.

try slam the brakes on a rainy day and its easy to lock up. but im preatty sure that it has abs. try and pop your hood and i think its on the passenger side (i might be wrong) there should be a block of aluminum with alot of brake tubes coming out of them thats the abs unit. cars without abs dont have this manifold. :lol: