2004 Lexus Es330 - My Impressions

Hi Guys!! :)

How are things in 'ES' land?

My 1993 LS400 is having quite a bit of work done to it. I brought in in LAST Sunday [a whole week ago] and I'm still waiting to get it back. But that's not too unusual for the dealer I go to. He knows I don't really care when I get it back - so he takes his time. That's fine by me because I have a nice Lexus courtesy car to drive. [and I can put miles on THAT car instead of my own!! lol]

The car I've been driving is a silver with black leather 2004 ES330. I have to admit - I'm mightily impressed. At first I wasn't so sure. It felt a bit 'boat like'. Then I noticed a little toggle switch on the center console. It was set at 'comfort'. I switched it to 'sport' and things firmed up a bit. In fact - I think I've been fiddling around with that toggle more than I should be. But I can't help it. I love buttons and switches!! What has surprised me most of all - I think - is just how powerful the ES330 is. I'm not sure how long it's supposed to take to get to 60 - but it can't be that much. [does anyone here know?!] It also feels big. The door sills are high - giving me the impression that I'm sitting in something that's bigger than it is. It's the same sort of feeling I got when I test drove a Chrysler 300C. [although not quite that extreme]

In comparison to my LS - the leather is SO much more - well - leather like. And the wood on the steering wheel feels wonderful. I also think it's just as quiet. And the stereo is a big surprise. It's just the basic 'Premium' stereo - but I have to say it's just as good sounding as the Nakamichi in my LS. Maybe not quite as strong sounding bass wise - but close enough that I'd be just as happy with it as I am with my Nakamichi. [it's also nice to be able to go BACK a bit on a song - something I can't do with my LS] It handles nicely and has a great transmission. All and all - a wonderful car.

Now I'm worried. I hope when I get my LS back I won't be disappointed with it. :(

Craig!! :)

:wacko:

Hi Guys!! :D

OK. I'm a bit embarrassed. Not sure how I missed it. I think I just assumed it was a scratch on the dashboard. But when I took a closer look - it said, 'Mark Levinson'. So the ES330 I'm driving DOES have the top stereo. Gee... no wonder it sounds so good!! But I'm sure the base stereo [probably] sounds pretty good - too.

lol

Craig!! :)