Rx300 Heating And Cooling

lenore

Hey, Help, my wife just called and said the Auto, and temp adjustments dont work on the car. The display makes no changes. Worked fine last night, but dead this morning, rest of car works. Any Hot suggestions?

We have never had any problems on the center console and it is the first time.

Hey, Help, my wife just called and said the Auto, and temp adjustments dont work on the car. The display makes no changes. Worked fine last night, but dead this morning, rest of car works. Any Hot suggestions?

We have never had any problems on the center console and it is the first time.

Pull the battery cable for a few minutes and hope it goes away

I will try that when she comes home thank you, By the way she gave more info, apparently the dislplay is their, but none of the heat or cooling icons show up to change. The Am and FM and cd do work however. I wish she would come home so I could see exactly what is happening

Check all the simple stuff first. Fuses, general connections and things like that.

I own a salvage yard and did a search on the Heater/AC controls. I found 17 in stock at various yards. Price ranged $200 to $600. Some listed it with the radio and others did not. I think it is an integrated unit though. So you would get it all if you end up needing it.

If I can help, let me know...

Thank you, She got home and it started working, What goes out is the center display with the heat and cool indicators, The rest works

Thank you, She got home and it started working, What goes out is the center display with the heat and cool indicators, The rest works

This happend to me when my 01 was less than a year old. I turned the car off and was parked for about 30 minutes and when I restarted the problem was gone and never returned. I also read posts of this happening to others.

Too weird, first time it happened to us. Probably a bad electrical connection maybe with a little resistance buildup. Oh well till next time.

With intermittent and funky electrical failures, it never hurts to clean and burnish your battery terminals and cables as an automatic first step approach. It's quick and it's free.

How old is your battery? As you probably know, batteries beginning to fail can cause some very unusual symptoms and signs. On the RX300, the first sign is usually the clock failing to hold its time display, but center display panel quirks could also be affected.