Where To Purchase A New Car Stereo

sunny06

I have a 1998 Lexus LX470, while trying to remove the CD which was stuck in the cd player, i messed up the whole unit and after showing a professional repairer, he told me that i need to replace the whole unit. Does anyone know where is the best and cheapest place to buy a new car stereo. I want the exact same model which came with my car. It is showing "LEXUS" on the Panel.

I have a 1998 Lexus LX470, while trying to remove the CD which was stuck in the cd player, i messed up the whole unit and after showing a professional repairer, he told me that i need to replace the whole unit. Does anyone know where is the best and cheapest place to buy a new car stereo. I want the exact same model which came with my car. It is showing "LEXUS" on the Panel.

Crutchfield.com has a great selection of stereos and DIY instructions, although I doubt you can get an OEM stereo from them.

Crutchfield is useless when it comes to OEM replacement for lexus. Find a used one on ebay or put a request in for one on an online salvage yard. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like we might have lost our temper.

Best place will be by putting in a order at your local junk yard and it will NOT be cheap but would cost less than the dealer.

Crutchfield? NOT!

Sounds like we might have lost our temper.

Best place will be by putting in a order at your local junk yard and it will NOT be cheap but would cost less than the dealer.

Crutchfield? NOT!

Hey, I couldn't say that any better myself, Wait a minute I already said that. :wacko: