90k Service

rwallican

On all the cars we have owned, we have had the 30K service done at 30,000 miles, the 60K service done at 60,000 miles, the 90K service done at 90,000 miles, etc. A few months before I sold my first LS at 183K+ miles, I had the 180K service (including a 2nd timing belt replacement) done at, yes, 180,000 miles.

I have never seen the point of letting maintenance slide on cars, houses, etc. In the long run, it is less expensive to keep property well maintained. When I sold my first LS, the buyer was especially impressed that all maintenance had been done on schedule.

On all the cars we have owned, we have had the 30K service done at 30,000 miles, the 60K service done at 60,000 miles, the 90K service done at 90,000 miles, etc. A few months before I sold my first LS at 183K+ miles, I had the 180K service (including a 2nd timing belt replacement) done at, yes, 180,000 miles.

I have never seen the point of letting maintenance slide on cars, houses, etc. In the long run, it is less expensive to keep property well maintained. When I sold my first LS, the buyer was especially impressed that all maintenance had been done on schedule.

Sounds good to me. The difference of opinions baffles me. Some feel like the maintenance schedule is always too much while others think it's not enough. Just like the classic oil at 3000 or 5000 mile battle. Just thought it was interesting that a dealer actually told me to wait.

In the owners manual, at least in the rx330, it says that cars should go in every 5K miles...but that if you dont go off-roading, 7500 miles will do. Except that the sticker placed as a reminder in the corner of your lexus windshield will be every 5000. Oh and after you get past the 6K, doesnt a maint required light come on? lol I also like to do everything on schedule every 5K. But i guess the car wont die with a little more milage. :D