Michelin Pilot Exalto A/s

steviej

I just ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Exaltos A/S, 215/60VR-16 for my ES.

I will post up my feelings and findings after I get them on. Should be in a week or two.

steviej

Kewl Steve......did you get my response to another thread on here & the new Yoko's on the market? Just curious is all bud.

:cheers:

Yeah I did, thanks.

I passed on them becasue the only two places around here that I would go to for tires don't deal Yokos.

steviej

Gotcha. Looking forward to hearing how you like the Michelins......not a bad looking tire at all. B)

I just ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Exaltos A/S, 215/60VR-16 for my ES.

steviej

$134 per V-rated tire + $14 for road hazard + 4 wheel alignement + disposables + tax = $700.

It goes in Friday morning.

steviej

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I wanted to wait at least a week before posting preliminary opinions about this new tire.

Funny too, that last night I saw the first commercial for these tires on TV.

Keep in mind that these tires are new and the outgoing Dunlops were two years old with close to 25,000 miles on them. That may have some impact on the tire feel I am getting right now.

First off I have to exclaim how impressed I am with the noise level of this tire. It is practically silent on all types of pavement. I would venture to say that they are even quieter than the stock Bridgestone RE92s if memory serves me correctly.

Dry road feel is very responsive and super smooth. The tires held the pavement on some highly acceleratred, inlined and banked, on/off ramps to the highway.

Mental note: I know it is totally unconnected but it seems as if the entire tire car has taken on a new feel of smoothness.....and dare I say it...even the tranny. I am sure it is just frame of mind and not actual.

Rain performance is limited to one heavy rain storm and I have no complaints whatsoever. Never felt as though I was hydroplaning or about to. Not once did I loose steering feel or complete contact with pavement, nor did I feel like I was on the verge to.

I cannont comment on any kind snow performance because it simply hasn't snowed. Maybe that is a good thing. We might have to wait until next winter for that.

Bottom line: a very reasonably priced, extremely quiet tire that so far has proven itself on dry and wet pavement. I am quite happy with them at this early stage of the game.

Stay tuned for more comments as I accrue more miles and experience with these treads.

steviej

Thats exactly how I felt when I had the MXV4s installed. It was like the whole car was born again, the ride was so dramatically better than the lousy Toyos, and it still impresses me 10k miles later.

Maybe its just stepping up to a much higher quality tire...

Thats exactly how I felt when I had the MXV4s installed. It was like the whole car was born again, the ride was so dramatically better than the lousy Toyos, and it still impresses me 10k miles later.

Maybe its just stepping up to a much higher quality tire...

Ditto for my GY TT's. :D

Well, I've never owned a set of Goodyears I'd call high quality or refined tires.

Neither have I until I got these. B) ;) They are also made in Canada, in which both the Triple Tread tire itself & the actual plant which they are made have won numerous awards recently. :)

Just responding to a comment is all. :whistles: Which makes me wonder, where are your Michelins made? :unsure:

I dunno? I didn't ask nor look for the Made in USA sticker. It really wasn't a selling point for me.