Lexus Now Recommends Synthetic Oil It Seems

mburnickas

Before synthetics came along , regular oil clogged and gummed up everything on 2 stroke bikes. Castor was the only way to go.

That's exactly the problem. Castor oil is virtually no better than those oils in a 2 stroke bike. It ceased that long ago withe the introduction of oils made for two cycles.

It is horrible. The lowest form of liquid lubrication. I honestly think that if you pumped AstroGlide through an engine fast enough so it didn't steam, it would be better. See my pother post as to why castor oil sucks.

The difference here isn't a "why synthetic should be standard and dino go to hell". It IS fact by anyone that has ever monitored, or taken apart an engine that's been run on castor oil that synthetic is vastly superior.

Before synthetics came along , regular oil clogged and gummed up everything on 2 stroke bikes. Castor was the only way to go.

That's exactly the problem. Castor oil is virtually no better than those oils in a 2 stroke bike. It ceased that long ago withe the introduction of oils made for two cycles.

It is horrible. The lowest form of liquid lubrication. I honestly think that if you pumped AstroGlide through an engine fast enough so it didn't steam, it would be better. See my pother post as to why castor oil sucks.

The difference here isn't a "why synthetic should be standard and dino go to hell". It IS fact by anyone that has ever monitored, or taken apart an engine that's been run on castor oil that synthetic is vastly superior.

I'm sure you have plenty experience riding enduro and moto cross in the early 1960's. Please try to pay attention and apply your knowdege to the post you are replying to. Read the link to Castrol, read my posts. I am not comparing Castor to synthetic.

In the 1970's when synthetics came out we started using Castrol Synthetic, especially in bikes that had direct oil injection as opposed to the old mix it with the gas lubrication. How many of those did you tear down and examine?

We didn't have no *BLEEP*ing synthetics. The only other choice was gummy ole outboard motor oil.