95 Es300 Vs 99 Passat 1.8t

F1FTEENTH

Hey guys (and gals), my sister and I are fighting over who would win in a race, and her little ricer b/f thinks that her soon to be 99 passat 1.8t will beat my Lexus ES300. What is your opinion? Her b/f says that it doesnt matter that mine has like 50 more horse..it depends on how many horse to the wheels...and i also told him mine has more torque (www.edmunds.com facts) So..i just wanna know that im not digging myself a whole when i think i can beat her.... Let me know what you guys (and gals) think.... thanks much- joel

• 3 weeks later...

If the passat is an M/T, it will most likely beat you by a nose from a dig. If it's an A/T, you should get it by a slim amount provided you don't have audio equipment & ghetto, or wheels heavier than stock etc.

God forbid it's modded. Those little 1.8t's go straight to 225-250bhp with nothing more than a $400-700usd chip & run 0-60 in 6 flat. Not to mention for anyone wanting 250-300bhp you've always got the simple k04 turbo swap. Expencive in kit from, but cheap as dirt for anyone watching ebay. Even if you buy a junk K04 & need it rebuilt.

My money would be on the Passat if it were a manual & the guy doesn't shift like a tard.

If it were a rolling start... I'd probably put consistant money on the ES, but it's going to be so close it's stupid. Litterally, whoever is on the gas first is going to win.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to have a 99 Passat 1.8t with a Wetterauer chip. The chip will get you up to 200hp. If the Passat has stock size tires, there will probably be wheel slip from a standing start. My front wheels would spin like crazy.