-10 Starting Issues

00Es3

Well it is -10 here in windy minnesota with a wind chill of -31, and my lexus has to sit outside, this is its first winter out of a garage... anyways, i had a remote starter put in about 2 months ago, and everything has been fine. this morning i drove to class, came back then as i attempted to go back out, i used my remote starter, got into my car, and about every 5 seconds, the car tries to start, but instead makes a weird clicking noise that come out of the dash area and all the needles flicker... when you try to use the key, it does the same thing, i dont believe it is even letting the starter engage, so i would assume there is a problem with my remote starter

does anyone know what is going on, or has this happened to anyone before????

if it matters, my ES is a 97 and my remote starter is a Viper 160VX.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks again all!

-rob

the car wont start at all, it never get to the point where it would crank, just makes a really strange beeping sound and the needles and cluster flicker... i just tried again, and it started to do a 2 second loop where it beep and flicker the needles, stop, then do it again constantly, the only thing that made it stop was opening the hood, do you think i should start by removing the battery cables, would that do anything to help? thanks guys...

the car wont start at all, it never get to the point where it would crank, just makes a really strange beeping sound and the needles and cluster flicker... i just tried again, and it started to do a 2 second loop where it beep and flicker the needles, stop, then do it again constantly, the only thing that made it stop was opening the hood, do you think i should start by removing the battery cables, would that do anything to help? thanks guys...

I had a Toyota that had the remote start on it. The battery went dead the same exact thing happened. I know that you have checked the battery...right??? How about the cables???? JUMP THE THING AND SEE IF IT WILL START IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY! If you still can't get it to start check the fuse to the remote starter. Not sure where it is on mine it was on the RED Power line going to remote starter.

When this happened to me it scared the SH!* out of me because it will not stop like you said. I have had the remote start on 2 different cars and this problem that you are having sounds exactly like what happened to me when the battery was run down. I hate to keep asking but have you eliminated that as a problem???? If not that unplug the power wire to remote start. Car should start then. Hope this helps!

When my battery went bad on my ES300, the door locks would attempt to lock the doors over and over until I unhooked the battery. No problems after I bought a new battery.

Autozone and many other auto places will test your battery for free.

Good luck.

~Archi

yup.... it was the battery, only 1 year old but who knows where the previous owner got it. Who in minnesota buys a battery with only 450CCA!!!! advance tested the battery, said it was completely ruined, luckily a friend works there i got a new 700CCA platinum battery for $55, and needless to say things are good again, thanks for all your guys' help as usual!

-rob

yup.... it was the battery, only 1 year old but who knows where the previous owner got it. Who in minnesota buys a battery with only 450CCA!!!! advance tested the battery, said it was completely ruined, luckily a friend works there i got a new 700CCA platinum battery for $55, and needless to say things are good again, thanks for all your guys' help as usual!

-rob

:D

Glad to hear it worked out!!!!

-rob

Excellent! B)

:cheers: