Suspension And Other Questions.

Im looking at doing the Eibach springs and kyb agx shocks like AWJ and others have suggested.

Would you agree that is the most cost effecient route to take to lower the car a bit and improve handling?

Any suggestions on vendors to find a good deal?

Does lowering the car limit your ability to use wide tires? Id like to do 17'x10' or 11' in the rear. (if possible)

Are sway bars a good investment?

Would you agree with my decision to go with lightweight 17' wheels for a good mix of looks and performance? (as opposed to larger wheels)

Im a little unsure about the other components involved in the cars suspension. I know that someone suggested checking the other components before lowering since doing so adds stress. If it looks like these other components need to be replaced should I go OEM or are there performance parts that are worth the money?

Thanks!

I've got the Eibach lowering springs on factory shox and 18"s all around. (Don't know the width)

THis is how I got the car so I don't know how the handling was before but I am in love with it the way it is.

I used to drive a stock V6 camaro. Considering it was built to be a sports car, that thing could not take a turn for bleep.

I can take my SC around a 90 degree turn going about 50 and you'l barely hear the tires squeal.

The only problem I see is that the back wheels now have an extreme amount of negative camber, so the insides of my tires get worn about twice as quick as the outsides.

On the other hand, when I went to a pro shop which secializes in lowering, the guy said I don't need a camber kit.

He said the problem was with the lug nuts that were used with the aftermarket 18"s.

They did not secure the wheel completely and caused alignment to be messed up a few days after it is done.

I now have the good lug nuts and am awaiting putting new rubber on to see if the probelm has gone away.

I'll keep you guys posted, but it might not be soon. :D

Meddle, the kyb agx and eibach combo have been well received. They can be bought for the sc or supra. But the springs and struts must be both a set for one or the other, not mixed. I'm not sure on the widest tire available for the SC. I just picked up a set of 8.5 and 10. I think anything over 10.5 may start causing a problem. There is a method to measure from the hub mounting surface forward to the leading edge of the wheel well and then back to the first component surface of the suspension (like a strut) with a pendulum and tape measure. I can try to get that scanned in. Still very buisy lately. Heavier/larger wheels will be harder on brakes wich is something to keep in mind.

I'd go with the KYBs since they are adjustable. I don't like the Tokikos since the ones that I have on my LS bounce a lot. I would definitely recommend a sway bar. Can't give u the name to a good Sway bar company, though.

I would recommend getting 17 or 18. Anything higher would compromise on ride quality and product safety.

so far, I'm enjoying my stock setup suspension. What I would get is a sway bar, and four 17 or 18s to better the look.

" They can be bought for the sc or supra. But the springs and struts must be both a set for one or the other, not mixed."

AWJ, sorry for being dense, but im not really sure what you meant by that. I mean I know that I need to buy 4 spring and 4 shocks......but is there something else?

Shouldn't be. But I have not yet lowered an SC. The kyb are only damper adjustable not ride height adjustable. If that is what is desired, then more expensive coil overs or air ride is needed.

The best way to improve body roll is to get new sway bars and bushings. I think I will do this before changing the suspension depending on how the car looks with the new wheels.