Should I Buy This Car

Desertfox

I Have been looking around for a sc300 5speed for awhile

Its a 1993 with 148,000 miles and only 2 owners

he says he has all the paperwork from the cars original purchase.

I will be examining it, and possibly making an offer on it this coming friday.

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Part of the article

Recently the a/c was recharged, clutch was replaced, new rotors and pads, engine oil, tranny oil, and diff oils replaced, airfiler, spark plugs. the car runs very smooth with no grinding in the transmission. engine idles excellent and was never overheated. minor upgrades i have added since i took ownership was 18x8 buddyclub wheels, supra tt brake calipers, hawk hps brake pads, ss brake lines, tanabe front and rear sway bars, and esplier springs. 95 model taillights. no engine mods were done. Engine is still in good shape, runs like a champ with no problems. there is no oil leaks at all. transmission was just recently serviced so it will be good for a long long time. the exterior is in good shape, its all original. body panels were never removed or repainted and they still all line up. never in any fender-bender either. some minor scratches and door dings but still excellent considering it being a 13 year old car. interior is in excellent shape. there are no tears in the leather, all the electronics still work. dash is clean and free from any cracks. trunk carpet is clean, never put anything in there besides spare cloths. one of the few remaining true japanese luxury sports coupes left.

Driver Air Bag; Anti-Lock Brakes; Air Conditioning; Alloy Wheels; AM/FM Radio; Cruise Control; Compact Disc Changer; Passenger Air Bag; Power Seats; AM/FM Stereo Cassette; Leather Seats; Power Door Locks; Power Mirrors; Power Windows; Power Steering; Sunroof/Moonroof; Tinted Glass; Tilt Wheel;

I think he might have meant esplir springs

The price I am looking at is 7500

I'm am certain that many people before you have asked the same question. As I did before I bought mine as well. Search the forum and see what others have discussed before, and see if you can provide us with pictures of the actual car.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&f=

I have read a good number of posts on here an in the stickies.... i was just hoping someone with a bit more knowledge would chime in *shrug*

I'm am certain that many people before you have asked the same question. As I did before I bought mine as well. Search the forum and see what others have discussed before, and see if you can provide us with pictures of the actual car.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&f=

i'm looking for an SC too! my suggestion... Buy IT! the mods alone justify the price especally considering that some 92-94 still fetch almost that price. the only thing i would suggest is upgrade the front end to the 97+. only about 800 but the look is WOW(IMO)! the wonders of ebay...