Engine Under Cover - Where To Buy

javapda

Does anyone know of a place to get an Engine Under Cover for a 1996 Lexus LS400? See the image below:

02.jpg

Mine is weathered and time for replacement.

Thanks

You could buy a new one at the dealer, You could search wrecker yards, Or you could rebuild your present cover. Rebuild it.

That's interesting. My wife's 96 LS400 just came loose on one corner and is hanging down. I haven't gotten under it yet to see if it's just a bolt or clip missing, or whether the corner got torn somehow. At any rate I may be looking for one as well. Good luck.

I priced one for my 92 LS - the dealer quoted over $400.00 wholesale!!!!!!!!!!

I patched it with aluminum and pop rivets, and then sprayed the patches black.

Done.

Does anyone know of a place to get an Engine Under Cover for a 1996 Lexus LS400? See the image below:

02.jpg

Mine is weathered and time for replacement.

Thanks

javapda:

Could you get away with some longer bolts with "Fender Washers" (larger in diameter). You'll probably have to get them at "Washers- R-Us", but it might be less expensive than buying a whole new cover.

sapper:

Lemme guess, it broke between about 10:00 & 2:00 O'clock & left nice, razor sharp edges (blood spurtin' sharp) for you to play with while you were finishing up your water pump/timing belt?